5.0 out of 5 stars A variety of recipes and excellent nutrition/exchange info
Published on July 8 2000 by Debbie

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless book
Recipes are useless. It's suppose to be a diabetic cookbook which means that I want recipes that I can make that are low in sugar, instead you get a book full of Meat and soups. Big Whoop, I never add sugar to my meats when I cook. But I want to make cakes cookies and squares, frostings, etc.. that are diabetic friendly. This book went straight to Value Village.
Published 8 months ago by Karl

5.0 out of 5 stars A variety of recipes and excellent nutrition/exchange info, July 8 2000
Debbie "sf-fan" (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
A good general cookbook with some of the best nutrition exchange information. Searching bookshelves, I've been surprised at how few of the books (particularly for diabetics) didn't give nutrition information in any depth. I have a relative new to diabetes and the food exchanges, counting fat grams, etc. are confusing and difficult--this was almost exactly what I wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless book, Jan. 14 2014
This review is from: The New Diabetic Cookbook, Fifth Edition: More Than 200 Delicious Recipes for a Low-Fat, Low-Sugar, Low-Cholesterol, Low-Salt, High-Fiber Diet (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars cookbook, Nov. 11 2013
poetmom (Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
I am so glad I bought this. Being a new diabetic I was at a total loss as to what to cook. I can eat wonderful food that doesn't taste as if I am eating saw dust. Wonderful flavourful recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Taste, May 1 2012
I would like to see recipes with more flavor. I tried one and it turned out but was really bland. It is hard to get someone that is diagnosed with diabetes to eat something that is so bland.

BAD