5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all recovering perfectionists
Jenni Schaefer has accurately captured the life and feelings of a perfectionist in her book Life Without Ed. Although I have never experienced an eating disorder, I obsess about calorie intake on a daily basis and am bound by the chains of physical appearance. I found the exercises at the end of each section helpful in confronting the voices and negative criticisms that...
Published on Feb. 26 2004 by dohlendorf

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Helpful at all
This book goes beyond campy. I'm all for cheesey humor, but come on. Her attempts at funny clutter an otherwise empty account. Honestly, there a many books about eating disorders out there. I've ready many of them. Most o9f them are at least a teeny bit helpful This one is not and IS the only one I've given a negative review to.
Published on Feb. 3 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Helpful at all, Feb. 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Life Without Ed: How One Woman Declared Independence from Her Eating Disorder and How You Can Too (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars I carry this book with me everywhere, Feb. 13 2004
By A Customer
This adorable little book is jampacked with wisdom, encouragement, enlightenment and advice on how I can rid myself of ED, so I carry it everywhere I go. It's so nice to find a book about eating disorders that is not clinical, preachy, or totally off the mark. Thank you Jenni Schaefer and Thom Rutledge for writing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars ED sucks, Feb. 8 2004
mary wood (Nashville, Tennessee United States) - See all my reviews
I agree wtih jenni's entire philosophy (along with Thom Rutledge) on separating the eating disorder from the self. I really enjoyed this book and related to most of her stories. I would recommend it to anyone struggling with an eating disorder or who has a friend or family member struggling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, May 31 2014
Janice Haakons (BLAINE, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
As a parent, I had no idea what my daughter was going through. This book was recommended by a friend and it helped me visualize my own daughter's disorder in a way I could understand and have much more empathy for. Thanks, Jenni.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book!, March 14 2014
This book is an amazing read, and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in eating disorders! and it came quickly in the mail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, Sept. 17 2013
A very good read for anyone experiencing disorded eating and struggling with it. Could be helpful for the right person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Without Ed, March 24 2013
Great book again by Jenni Schaefer! Best to hear it from those who have recovered and are able to regain there life again. She is truly and inspiration to many. Anyone struggling with an eating disorder or knows someone who is should read this book! Great value to buy on Amazon and fast shipping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice theory, did zip all for me, Nov. 10 2014
Nice theory, did zip all for me. I might not be in the right stage of recovery for it though.

1.0 out of 5 stars far too campy, Feb. 25 2004
By A Customer
I'm sure she's a nice woman and I appreciate the strength it takes to write about such embarassing personal things BUT as someone who has been living with eating disorders for 17 years, I find little inspiration from such a sun-shinycheesey account. Unless you're the kind of person who finds yourself saying "Golly, Dr. Freud, I never thought of it that way. now I'm sure to be able to divorce ED.", this book won't help you.

CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.12