5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read to Prepare for Interviewing, April 2 2011
This review is from: Boost Your Interview IQ (Paperback)
After promoting this book for the past five+ years to family and friends I thought I should share my experience with everyone!

This book in my opinion is the most effective interviewing prep book I have read to date. What I find so unique about this book is in it's approach - particularly on those behavioural questions that can catch so many off guard.

The book is a light read and goes through 25 different questions and for each question provides 3 real life responses. And your goal before flipping the page is to identify which of the answers is the best and why. As noted, the book will tell you which one is the best and why... explaining flaws in the other two answers to help you know why some things are not ideal to include.

Once I read all the questions and answers with the explanations, I took these 25 questions and outlined what answers I can use based on my personal experience. I even did some rehearsing which was not to memorize word-by-word but to feel comfortable in ways to articulate the key points.

Yes - this takes some work, however, the beauty in it is you realize how a handful of key life experience stories you have can answer more than one of the questions. This is noteworthy as in an interview they generally ask a handful of questions, so it is simple to quickly recall one of your stories that can illustrate the scenario they are asking you for.

I found this an excellent way to prepare for interviews not only due to the stories I had mapped out, but also due to the sense of confidence and comfort level present with behavioural questions that I gained from the process.

I highly recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read before going to your interview!, March 15 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Boost Your Interview IQ (Paperback)
As a person who has spent many years as a professional in corporate America and having been interviewed and been part of the interview process many times, I can think of no better way to prepare than to read Carole Martin's interview book.
Interviewing is basically a structured question and answer session. The person who responds best to the many questions posed by the interviewer will most likely get the job.
There are few if any questions in the interview process that are not discussed in Carole's book. The questions are presented in a precise, easy to understand manner, followed by answers ranging from the strong or the best answer to the weakest or worst answer.
If I had just one book on my shelf to help me prepare for an interview, I would easily choose this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best job interview tool I've ever used., Feb. 27 2004
D. DeLonzor "Never Be Late Again" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boost Your Interview IQ (Paperback)
I found "Boost Your Interview IQ" to be completely different from other advice books on landing a job in that it tells you specifically how to answer all the possible questions you'll be asked. It covers 50 of the most commonly asked interview questions, including, "Why were you fired?", "Why have you been out of work for so long?", and just about every other potential question you can think of. The book gives three potential answers for each question, ranks each on a strong, mediocre, or weak scale, and explains why the answers rank the way they do. I'm an author (Never Be Late Again, 7 Cures for the Punctually Challenged), and when I'm finished promoting my book, I'll be rejoining the workforce. This book will be my constant companion. Great book!

Boost Your Interview IQ
Boost Your Interview IQ by Carole Martin (Paperback - Dec 17 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01