5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny -- Very Helpful
Published on Feb. 18 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars Let me out of here
Published on March 10 2004 by Mr Grumpy

2.0 out of 5 stars Let me out of here, March 10 2004
This review is from: Going Bridal: How to Get Married Without Losing Your Mind (Paperback)
OK, I'll be honest here - I'm a man and so perhaps completely unqualified to comment on this book. But my fiancée agrees with me that The Rules are a load of rubbish, so I feel emboldened.... I'm afraid that I can't take any book seriously that is written entirely in Cosmo-style gush (e.g. p1: 'I have three, count 'em, three friends getting married this year'). Sure, write a little magazine article like this, but a whole book? My skin started crawling after a few paragraphs. I'd have given it one star but I feel I should be open-minded enough to allow that Cosmo might have SOME value hidden to my masculine brain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny -- Very Helpful, Feb. 18 2004
By A Customer
This book is a terrific wedding book for brides and their friends who've encountered the "tentacles of the wedding industry" and are resisting its grip. Also brides who have any "tensions" with friends or family. I found it very funny, and very helpful. I'm in the midst of planning my wedding and some of the scenarios were so familiar -- it was reassuring in that "you're not alone way." (Plus stories about things I'm happy not to be going through!) Going Bridal has practical tips about very emotional situations, and is a truly fabulous, fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going Bridal Rocks!, Feb. 18 2004
By A Customer
Loved this book -- it's hilarious, and helpful. Much more "real" than most wedding books. And great to read something that focuses on the emotional side of wedding planning. Each chapter opens with a short, funny fictional story of one bride who doesn't want to get caught up in wedding madness, and then moves on to real life examples of some of the potential landmines -- family, friends, the vendors, even old "whatsisname." Very entertaining, great way to take your mind off wedding stress. I'd give it to any friend planning to get married.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing!, Feb. 19 2004
Finally a bridal book that isn't full of "to-do" lists and etiquette rules! This is a bible for the indie hipster, full of humorous stories and personal experiences that guide, not instruct, the bride-to-be in planning her perfect day. Now all may read first hand how to avoid the pitfalls of family pressures and friends' expectations gracefully and with ease. Buy this book for all your girlfriends on their way to being hitched, you won't regret it, and they won't go bridal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Frank, July 11 2004
By A Customer
Stumbled on this book and found it so different from the other wedding books I've read -- in a good way. Read the other reviews and think Mr. Grumpy is just that. My fiance read parts of it and laughed out loud, and believe me, he's not usually into chick lit type stuff. It's pretty true to life and very entertaining. Only criticism is it isn't obvious right away that the beginning of chapters are fictional, but ended up liking those parts as much as the real life stories.

Going Bridal: How to Get Married Without Losing Your Mind
Going Bridal: How to Get Married Without Losing Your Mind by Li Robbins (Paperback - Dec 22 2003)
CDN$ 16.95 CDN$ 12.37