march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 29, 2008
"Inspecting the Aging Sailboat" is easy and fun to read, with wonderful drawings found on every page.

I give it 4 stars out of 5 because, although it has some good information, it's a small book and doesn't cover certain issues and repairs in much detail. Also, I recommend learning sailboat terminology and parts before digging into this book because they aren't explained, there is no glossary. Although I know the terminology, I suspect people who are quite unfamiliar with sailboats might be reaching for the dictionary a lot. Still, I really enjoyed this little book and believe it will help me a lot when I go out and survey a boat myself.
on May 24, 2000
I used this book in combination with another to really understand the boat systems and make an informed judgement. Are those cracks in the gelcoat serious? How do I know if the tiller attachment is a weak design? Casey helps you understand how to make a judgement about critical components from a novice/lay point of view. I found the book a very good resource.
on August 5, 1999
While not as detailed as a textbook might be, it covers general points across very well.
on March 9, 2016
husband found this very useful in assessing our 30+ year old sailboat.
on August 4, 2015
good book on the subject