on February 13, 2006
Hello Amazon, I can't believe you approved a review from a guy who came right out and said he had never even read the book, on the basis that he didn't like ANOTHER unrelated book! How many people will bypass this book on the basis of the one star?
on July 26, 2008
I read John Carter's book "Mastering the Trade" from cover to cover. There is a tremendous amount of detail in his book. And plenty of it is very useful or even necessary to know if you want to trade full time in my opinion. As a matter of fact, I think after reading a bunch of books on trading, that one book singled out some weaknesses I had in my trading I was finally able to identify. I believe the book gives you a good frame of mind with which to look at the markets. However, I tried to quickly find some of the trade setups described in his book and found at least from a rapid, superficial look, that his trade setups don`t seem to be that promising. But, the book gave me a good idea how some technical indicators work. His ideas combined with ideas from Oliver Velez, Alan Farley, Josh Lukeman and Dave Landry (to name a few) make a powerful combination.
on May 18, 2016