5.0 out of 5 stars Don't battle an eating disorder forever, recover from it completely!, Oct. 14 2009
This review is from: Goodbye Ed, Hello Me: Recover from Your Eating Disorder and Fall in Love with Life (Paperback)
I love "Goodbye Ed, Hello Me" by Jenni Schaefer. This is one of the best recovery books I ever read. It covers so many important lessons that those struggling with eating disorders need to hear, no matter at what stage they are in their recovery.

I really liked that the book also includes exercises to get you, the reader, involved and moving forward in your own healing journey. But what I like most about the book is that Jenni talks about how she moved from "being in recovery" to "being recovered." Many people believe that one has to struggle with an eating disorder forever, or be forever in recovery and has to learn to just live with it.

Jenni's book shows us that eating disorders really can be beaten, ONCE AND FOR ALL. This book will inspire you to take action and know that life without Ed (eating disorder) really is possible for you!"

-- Andrea Roe
Author, Speaker, Eating Disorder Survivor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, May 16 2014
Janice Haakons (BLAINE, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews
This book was extremely informative and helped me to understand my daughter"s eating disorder. A must read for anyone who wants to understand what is going on inside the heads of those with an eating disorder (including those suffering themselves). I have recommended it to many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool for people who are over the initial phases of recovery and learning to live life again, Oct. 7 2013
I use this tool in my clinical practice with people with eating disorders. The externalization of eating disorders as "ED" has helped many people and Goodbye Ed, Hello Me helps take this externalization to the next level of recovery: the reclamation of identity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Ed, Hello Me, March 24 2013
Any book by Jenni Schaefer is a keeper. Good price ordering through Amazon and good value. Anyone with an Eating Disorder at any stage, or who has a loved one suffering, this is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Ed, Hello Me, Feb. 27 2012
Really enjoyed it so much I could not put it down. Was well written and in a form that you can take it for a few minutes and just read a short chapter. I wanted it for my granddaughter but read it first so as to pass it to her. Made me understand more what she is going through. Now she is reading it and I am waiting for the 1st book as I regretted not having ordered the 2. Continu the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars bringing hope, Aug. 21 2010
Jenni's latest book is a treasure awaiting discovery by those engaged in the recovery process from an eating disorder. The honesty, transparency and real emotion that Jenni shares with the reader offers true hope for full recovery. Mixed with humour and realism, she confronts the real situations and experiences of recovery, and blends it with a consistent reminder that recovery is not only possible, - it is very much a reality for anyone who is genuinely committed and has the strength of a firm network of support persons.

In my own journey, I had reached a point of complacency - a point of acceptance that I had partially recovered to a point where I could manage Ed in my life. I now know that I don't have to accept Ed's lingering presence over my shoulder - I can absolutely divorce him and give myself fully to Life.

Thank you Jenni for your candour, and your insightful reminders and encouragement. This book is a must read for sufferers, family, friends and professionals.

CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.12