4.0 out of 5 stars all inclusive points and suggestions
this is a great book for new parents to be of twins. i reads simply, with information that will solve many dilemmas in the future. You are read a step by step process what is going on inside your body changing it. written with care and love A must read
Published 5 months ago by funkylama

3.0 out of 5 stars To be bought with other baby books, don't just rely on this
Initially I thought this book was great but then realised some of the impracticalities. To suggest that you take your twins to the supermarket using two shopping carts (pushing one in front and pulling one behind you) made me laugh... I can't see how this is possible when you have four little hands grabbing things out of the cart and off the shelves!
There are...
Published on Aug. 22 2000 by Angela Sargeant

4.0 out of 5 stars all inclusive points and suggestions, Oct. 27 2013
This review is from: Double Duty: The Parents' Guide to Raising Twins, from Pregnancy through the School Years (2nd Edition) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, April 2 2002
By A Customer
The writer is a mother of twins also, very experienced.
Personally, I think this book explained everything I need to know in a very simple way, very easy to understand, from expecting to parenting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written, Nov. 17 1999
Kellie Hart (Novato, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I am expecting twins and have bought several books on this subject. This was the first book I actually read from cover to cover! It was well organized and informative on the things I felt most important (like how will I shop for groceries with twins?). I reccomend it highly and I believe that it will keep your interest throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best collection of how-to's and know-how's for twins!, Aug. 21 1999
By A Customer
Ms. Tinglof does what no other book about twins has done: not only is her information current, accurate, and informative - but she uses personal stories from other parents of twins. Other books provide "their way" of handling the difficult (but wonderful) experience of twins, but "Double Duty" shows its readers how real families (who have read ALL the books and have years of experience) with twins (from newborns to teenagers) have been able to find their own ways of dealing with their special circumstances.
No other book goes into such problems as child care, shopping, and traveling alone with twins as this book does. The book is also short, sweet, and to the point. If you have already read the other books and still need need help...this book is a godsend!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars To be bought with other baby books, don't just rely on this, Aug. 22 2000
Angela Sargeant (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
There are some really good tips though, such as how to keep the twins amused. Also the section on statistics and twin types was very interesting.
I suggest parents also buy books such as "What to Expect the First Year" by Arlene Eisenberg.

3.0 out of 5 stars Been there, Done that, Oct. 29 2001
By A Customer
My identical twin girls turned 2 in September. I bought this book when they were about 4 months old. It's taken me a while to get around to commenting as I've been, well, kind of busy although it does indeed get easier. I found some of the information helpful, some obvious. When I read the comment about the possibility of the two babies crying at the same time discussed as: "Actually that doesn't happen too often..." you could probably hear me close the book. Honestly, with the best care and complete attention, it happens OFTEN! They are two people who want ALL of your attention NOW! It's understandable and still very challenging. Would I want it any other way? Absolutely not, but it's still exhausting and sometimes very frustrating. Twins are not double the experience. It is exponentially harder and exponentially sweeter. More hugs and love and more fuss. My answer to this? Take a deep breath and love them more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Basics, Feb. 7 2002
Daryl T. Johnson (Bonney Lake, WA United States) - See all my reviews
As almost all mothers of twins, I have read numerous books on the subject. This book is good for a quick rundown on the basics. It doesn't go into a lot of detail, but offers a few basic suggestions. Unfortunately, my twins seem to always cry at the same time. I have tried the two carts (push and pull), it works, as a last resort. It's organized in a very mother, friendly, reading manner. By that I mean, it's easy to leave off on a page while you chase a child, and then pick up where you left off.

ARRAY(0xacfb0f00)