5.0 out of 5 stars Road map to success
Published on Nov. 18 2009 by Ali Moin Afshari

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Physiology little practical advice
I found that most of the book the author was talking about his philosophies on life and the Physiology of trading. The actual practical advice (i.e. strategies) was very limited and based on common knowledge.
Published on Jan. 27 2010 by J. Whalen

5.0 out of 5 stars Road map to success, Nov. 18 2009
Ali Moin Afshari (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Super Trader: Make Consistent Profits in Good and Bad Markets (Hardcover)
I wish I had this book or something of this sort to guide me when I start learning how to trade. This book is an excellent road map on how to become a consistently successful trader but does not go into great detail on each and every subject. That, I believe, is because there is so much material to read and work to do on each step of the way, which is outside the scope of any one book. Nevertheless, this does not reduce the value of Dr. Tharp's work. Usually just telling people what steps to follow to a complex task properly is more than half the job, even if they have to do the actual work themselves. That's why consultants are expensive to hire. This book is a distillation of over two decades of Van's work. As someone who has read most of Dr. Tharp's books plus some of his multiple-volume trading courses, I still find value in reading "Super Trader". If you have already done your homework and are about to being working on your trading as a business this book will work well for you as a handy reference at the side of your laptop. If you are not there yet, this book will help you get there. In certain parts of the book you might get the feeling that Van has not gone deep enough into details, but I think that is exactly what you should expect from an expert who is condensing and presenting his knowledge to you in a single volume. The better the expert the less deviation from the main subject you will notice. Once again, this is not an encyclopedia to answer all your questions on trading. For example, if you don't know how to read charts you will not find anything on it in this book either. You will probably need a lot more reading and work to become a "Super Trader", but this book is an excellent guide to help keep you on course and prevent you from wasting your time and resources, most importantly prevent you from loosing your trading capital in the markets by thinking trading is an easy shortcut to wealth. Important points are also illustrated by images and diagrams that greatly help in both understanding and remembering them later on. I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars the great book about trading, Oct. 29 2009
D. Deng - See all my reviews
I believe this book is a must read and if you follow his advice to do, you will be close to super trader. Mr. Tharp told you a way to be a winner through training yourself.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Physiology little practical advice, Jan. 27 2010