boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage march SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 27, 2003
This book is intended to serve as a supplement for an EE DSP course, which probably uses one of the texts listed above. If you want to self-study DSP I recommend the Steve Smith book (available in print or on his website) as a place to get started.
The best areas of Dr. Hayes' book are its treatement of sampling (better than John Proakis' book), z-transforms and DFT. I think the FFT treatment was okay and the filter design at the end was a little light, but that is okay since this is really intended for a first semester course. The main purpose of all the Schaum's books is to provide more worked out examples of tricky material and Hayes' book serves the purpose. One final thing, in the introduction, the author says to check out his website that has errata listed, but I typed the address in and got an "under construction" message.
on December 28, 2001
Most of us know what digital signal processing is all about
but not what it does or how to use it intuitively. I think this
book puts everything together in a more organized fashion to
allow us to intuitively flair the end product even before we
get there. I think that's what studying is all about, create room
for intuition in a system, and that's what is expected from this
book as well.
on June 11, 2003
... of course that could be because my professor gave tests from some of the sample problems in here.. :) But the book was done very well, I thought. It was a great suppliment to our textbook, which was the Digital Signal Processing book written by Leland Jackson (that's Jackson's red book, rather than the infamous Jackson's blue book). The solved problems were very helpful.