countdown Learn more boutiques-francophones scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 7, 2015
It's been awhile since I've read this.

It was OK. Not much memorable from here: Yes, we all need to invest in dividends because the returns of dividend paying stocks exceeded those of non-dividend paying stocks.

However, there's little in terms of back-tested strategy.

Good for stock market newbs, but little for experienced investors.
on September 15, 2011
Do not buy as then you will be competing with me! Focus is on dividends and dividend growth. This may be all you get in the next few years. If your style is a 'growth style of investment' and not a dividend strategy you will not find this useful. The explanation for dividend growth is clear and compelling in my opinion. Hopefully most will not believe the author as a sucessful investment style must be fundamentally sound and unpopular to succeed. Lets keep this a secret as much as possible and hence unpopular.
on April 23, 2012
Insightful and lots of actionable info for the DIY investors. Written for the lay investor with a common sense approach as to why dividend investing works. Wished I had read this 10 years ago. Highly recommended.
on September 22, 2014
fast shipping. I'm enjoying the lecture now.
on March 28, 2012
I found this book too complicated and confusing to be of much use to me. Although I have a university degree, it is in pharmacology not economics. I've been investing for about 20 years, have a financial adviser but was hoping to learn more about dividend investing in order have more control over the management of my own portfolio, but I could not get through this book. In my opinion it is best suited to those who already have a good knowledge and understanding of the stock market, and of investment terminology and calculations. The general idea, that investing in stocks that produce dividends is more beneficial in the long run than investing in those that do not, is obvious, but if you're a novice looking for comprehensive explanations of the hows and why this may not be the book for you.