Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

on September 13, 2015
Awesome book! makes you understand relationships and how they progress. It makes you realize how men and women really do think differently.
on May 11, 2014
This is now my ultimate reference. It covers the phases of a date, released my worries because I do understand better our differences and how to feel less resentful in a relationship. Great book!
on April 12, 2014
I've read this book numerous times and each time I learn something useful. Although redundant at times, this is a must read for any young couple.

Can't live with them, can't live without them....
on December 23, 2012
There were so many light bulbs going off in my head that I lit up the room! I am about half way through and looking forward to the rest. I have recently read other books on dating but they were not as informative about the physical, psychological and emotional things that go on with men and women during dating. Then there is what we say and what they hear..... Everyone should read this book.
on August 15, 2011
Even though I take all of John Gray's books with a grain of salt, they most certainly have come in handy. They DO make some things clear. I've tried to understand my man, and this book book have been very helpful. Sometimes, in some ways, people ARE the same. Ain't popular psychology great!

This book is a basic. Male or female, I can see this book being of assistance to anyone trying to understand why their significant other is like THIS and like THAT. Sure, sometimes it doesn't make sense, and never will. But this book will give you an explanation and a way to work around it, through it, seriously, it's helped a lot of people.

I can't complain about the condition it arrived in. For a used book, it looked pretty pristine! Timely delivery.
on March 18, 2011
If you are not a believer of this psychology, all I can say is give it two months of honest 100% trial, and you will be amazed at the results. John Gray really understands male/female relationship dynamics that are part of our DNA, cultures and history. Like him, I got a second chance at love and am now happily engaged. Thank you for writing this book - truly inspiring.
on May 15, 2004
The first 2/3 of the book was OK, with balanced "points of view" and "how-to's" for both men and women. Some of the information was interesting, explanatory, and useful; some was not.
But then the author began giving unbalanced treatment, primarily telling women how they ought to behave and what they ought to say. The message was that a man has a large and fragile ego, and that a woman should support his ego. She should never disagree with him, except "playfully". In public, she should paint him as a white knight, regardless of what really happened.
Perhaps it was just the author's writing style, but most of his examples, supposedly of real couples he'd observed or counseled, seemed made-up.
Finally, at the end of the book, the author insults the reader's intelligence with an idiotic, redundant, and unnecessary list of 101 places to look for a mate. Very patronizing.
on April 10, 2004
John Gray's "Mars and Venus On a Date" is a solid piece of work, with well-reasoned insights into the dynamics of male-female romantic relationships.
One note, though, to men who are shy, and might see the book as a guide to learning how to get dates more easily. Shyness is not really addressed here. This is by no means meant as a criticism, but given the notoriety of the "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" books, many men may wonder if this kind of help is being offered here.
The closest Gray comes to touching on shyness is when he says that many men get tongue-tied when approaching women they're attracted to, and that usually the best advice is to say the most simple thing ("Hi, I'm John," etc.). He also briefly touches on the various ways women might flirt, and the ways to tastefully send out non-verbal cues that you're interested. This territory is covered in a total of maybe three paragraphs, at different points in the book. One of the last sections touches on dozens of places to meet your soulmate.
The book is great for people who don't have any trouble in the initial, attraction phase. But for those who can't get to that first approach, this may not be the best place to start.
on February 29, 2004
A year ago,I didn't want to believe this book was the truth.I wanted to believe I could be the agressor in dating and relationships.Newflash ladies being the agressor never works.The one who invest the most is the one who leads and wears the pants.Do you want a puppie for a man???This book is healthy for women and men.One thing will never change and that's the sex of the female and male.Some rules of them are masculine and feminine energy.IF YOUR HAVING TROUBLE HAVING SUCCESS IN RELATIONSHIPS..DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ THIS BOOK AND EXAMINE THE TIMES YOU HAD SUCCESS AND FAILURE IN DATING.AFTER READING AND APPLYING THE ADVICE IN THIS BOOK..I JUST WANT TO WISH YOU A BEAUTIFUL LIFE LONG MARRIAGE...HAPPINESS AND BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!!!!!!
on December 26, 2003
I heard about this book and decided to check it out at the library. I really enjoyed it. This book is easy to read, insightful and funny. There are good tips, mostly common sense stuff, that are organized in a manner that will help everyone understand the opposite sex a little better. For the most part, though, the books is motvational and interesting. I bought my own copy and refer to it often. Well worth the read.