4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, April 2 2013
This review is from: Baby-Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food (Paperback)
This book gave me a lot more confidence in baby led weaning over purees. Our baby is now 9 months old and using the pincer grip like a pro to feed herself and doesn't gag on her food. I highly recommend people getting away from feeding their babies purees and going straight to solid foods.

The only complaint I have about the book is that it is very repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book for an alternative to the traditional baby purees, Jan. 11 2012
V. Leonard "vmleonard" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
We used this method with our son starting at 6 months old and it made meals really easy and wonderful for our family! We started introducing purees at 5-1/2 months, and after seeing our son not enjoy the experience, we thought we would just let him experiment with whatever we happened to be eating. I feel that aside from helping him enjoy the actual experience of eating, it also helped develop his fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination--to the point where he had the pincer grasp (with thumb and index finger) perfected well before we'd expected him to.

This is an easy to read book and a wonderful resource for parents wishing to try something other than the traditional purees. No more boiling, straining, or mushing!! Hooray!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic all around, May 21 2009
C. Bowman - See all my reviews
This is my first baby and I decided to give baby led weaning a try. I have had nothing but positive results. The books goes into perfect details on how to go about the process and seems to cover all possible questions in the FAQ sections. It is so lovely for all of us to sit down and eat together. Meal times are a joy for all at the table. Our baby loves to feed herself and the mess is amazingly minimal although have a dog does help on that front. I encourage anyone with a little one to purchase this book and give it a go I think you will be happy with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent achat, Aug. 18 2010
Ce livre aide beaucoup a comprendre cette façon de faire. Très intéressant a lire.

ARRAY(0xa42e212c)

Baby-Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food
Baby-Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food by Tracey Murkett (Paperback - Nov. 1 2009)
CDN$ 27.95