1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The 2nd Edition adds a lot, May 21 2003
Kenneth Taylor (Northern California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Integrated Circuits (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
I haven't seen the first edition of this book, but judging from reviews (all of which are dated before the 2nd Edition came out, which was December 2002), the 2nd Edition has added a lot of new material that addresses some of the criticisms of the first edition. I used a pre-publication draft of this book in a class with Professor Chandrakasan last fall, and it covered topics such as transistor sizing, crosstalk and transmission line effects, threshold voltage level effects, logic synthesis (though this book does not go into HDL design), and many other more advanced topics.
It's also been made more up-to-date, removing a lot of the dated material some reviews on this page have been complaining about.
Since I am just learning this material, I cannot comment on how relevant or complete this new edition really is, but I would urge anyone who was disappointed with the first edition to check out the 2nd edition. Actually, I'd urge everyone who used the first edition to check it out. From what I've seen, it's like a completely different book.

Digital Integrated Circuits (2nd Edition)
Digital Integrated Circuits (2nd Edition) by Borivoje Nikolic (Paperback - Dec 24 2002)
CDN$ 220.20 CDN$ 196.25