5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific insight into the causes and "cures" for arthritis
Published on Jan. 2 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a great book if one chapter was not missing!
One chapter was completely missing from the copy that I purchased from Elliot's in Sacramento, CA. I felt that the book concentrated too much on RA, and not enough on OA. I suffer from OA, and the book did not offer me any hope at all. Please send another copy since quite a bit of mine was missing.
Published on July 24 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific insight into the causes and "cures" for arthritis, Jan. 2 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: How to Eat Away Arthritis: Gain Relief from the Pain and Discomfort of Arthritis Through Nature's Remedies (Paperback)
You'd almost expect a book that calls itself "How to Eat Away Arthritis" to be another "How-to invest in painkillers" type of epistal. In a way, it is. However, the painkillers we learn about here are all natural, with no constipating side-effects. Thank you, Lauri M. Aesoph - you have helped deliver me from the dark night of the soul. Wolves no longer chew on my bones and I feel better than I have since my teens. If you suffer from arthritis, READ this book, and DO as the author suggests. Believe me, it will be worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers., May 1 2001
Jeffrey Sepulveda "Sepulveda" (San Juan, PR USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best book I have ever found for people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, which is why I rate it 5 stars. I know 3 women who have placed their rheumatoid arthritis in remission following the elimination diet methodology explained in this book. If you suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, you should consider following this diet under the guidance of a healthcare professional (preferably a Naturopathic Doctor) who understands its methodology, its potential benefits and the potential health complications of fasting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a great book if one chapter was not missing!, July 24 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Spends more time on RA than OA. About Time!, June 27 1999
By A Customer
This was a great book about getting healthy. There is some "out there" concepts, but overall, will be easy to follow this diet. My hubby has RA and at age 34, we are both committed to healthy living and getting rid of RA symptoms.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs More Info on Osteoarthritis, Feb. 24 2004
By A Customer
A good common sense book, with great advice about diet, but not enough about osteoarthritis. I believe that diet is extremely important but would like more detailed information about what else -- besides diet -- one can do to alleviate OA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book makes sense., July 7 2013
It is a really good book, the first thing I did is cut Wheat and night shades veg. inflammation has
been reduces after just 3 wks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 4 2013
Not at all what I expected. Far too complicated. It just was not for me. If there had been a more in depth review of this book I never would have ordered it.

2.0 out of 5 stars I found this book a waste of time and money., June 14 1999
By A Customer
I purchased this book in hopes of learning new concrete facts about gout and it's management. I felt the author was less concerned with those of us that suffer from this horrible malady than those with other forms of arthritis. Save your money for a book that will devote at least one chapter exclusively to gout. I really did not learn anything new from this book. If I had picked it up in a bookstore rather than ordering from Amazon.com, I would not have purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Her advice helped my OA symptoms significantly, July 18 2011
I read the book initially almost 3 years ago and while I thought her advice made sense I also thought I have OA (diagnosed with FAI and OA in both hips) not RA so how will changing my diet be of any help.

Well 12 months ago I was in so much discomfort every day that I was willing to commit to the elimination diet and fast she suggests. My thinking was, it can't hurt me, it won't cost me anything, and I need to learn if this will help or not.

In one week of following the elimination diet, I was able to reduce my pain significantly (I now live mostly pain free) and increase my range of motion. I can tie both shoes comfortably which I couldn't do before.

As a side benefit I also comfortably lost 25 - 30 lbs in several weeks, which I attribute to lower inflamation and thus carrying less imflamatory fluid around as weight.

Post elimination diet, I had my Nathuropath (ND) help me determine which foods I was sensitive to. She had me take and Elisa IGG blood test via the folks at foodallergy.com. It was expensive but seemingly fairly accurate for me. If I follow the list of "non-inflamatory" foods I don't generally suffer from OA pain.

Not sure if this will work for you but it helped me a lot.

CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72