countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on October 6, 2000
As someone who managed to put 36000 miles on his BMW motorcycle in two years I was interested in the story of a man who took it beyond the "next level". I enjoyed the book, but thought that Ted did not always get to the point and got sidetracked in his thinking process. Ultimately it boils down to his style of writing and a matter of personal taste... I recommend the book, but keep in mind that there will be pages one has to just chew through...
on December 4, 2015
The layout of the book was very poor. No chapters, just a few sections which were not indexed.
The writer spent a lot of time writing about his travels through the first few countries he rode through, and almost no time on some of the last countries. It almost seamed like he was getting tired of travelling and writing about his experiences. I got the impression that he just rode through some of the 45 interesting countries as quick as possible.
He frequently sidetracks to lengthy ramblings about his strange thoughts, many of which I found boring.
Whoever edited this book did not do a very good job.
I would not rate this book very highly.
on March 12, 2000
I was thrilled by this book. All the way up until about the last 50 pages, anyway. This book is certainly not just a travel log of the author's exploits across the globe. Mr. Simon tries to give the reader an idea of what he was thinking all the way through his journey. I guess his thoughts were getting pretty weird as he neared the end of his journey. At one point in the book, he actually tells the reader that he thought he was God. I didn't buy this book to read about Mr. Simon's thought on God and all things divine. I wanted to hear about all of his adventures, the people he encounters, the challenges, his attempts to avoid highway robbers, or prison, or both. This book provides all those things with aplomb. Unfortunately for me anyway, it also includes what I think was unnecessary, unrelated, philosophy. A book like this should have a happy ending, and leave the reader bursting with desire to hit the road and get lost in the world. When I finished this book I felt sorry for the author and wished him good luck with all his problems. In short, the book was really good, but it would have been much better if the last 50 pages had been left out altogether.