Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on October 8, 1999
This is the sixth Bellow novel I've read, and the first one I've read since I finished Humboldt's Gift on July 8, 1981. Sammler is a nice guy, in contradistinction to most other central characters of Bellow's novels, but nevertheless I was awfully bored by this book. I guess I am just intellectually lazy, but I thought this was a stupid book. I only read it because I am reading the National Book award winners. I am glad I got this one read. I enjoyed William Gaddis's A Frolic of His Own better than this book, even tho this book is written very lterately, and uses proper punctuation.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 1999
This book by Saul Bellow is a very strange and confusing book. All of us who read it in my book group thought this book was well written but the subject matter that it covered was useless. We could have spent our reading time reading material that was much more usefull than this book. We stongly suggest that this book be avoided.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse