5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
I ordered and received my book within 10 days and it was in excellent condition, everything was as it was advertised. I would definitely order from them again! This was a gift as a replacement for a very special friend who had loved this book as a child and lost his copy. It was a great gift!
Published 17 months ago by Gadum

3.0 out of 5 stars Small pictures
My kids love the story of the snowman (we have the DVD), so I wanted to get the board book as well. I knew there was no words to the book, but I didn't realise out was in a comic book style with about 12 pictures per page. I would have liked one picture per page instead. Other than that, it's a lovely book.
Published on March 26 2012 by Big Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Snowman, The (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars The original!, Jan. 20 2013
For those looking for the original story WITHOUT TEXT, this is it. We love the quality and the durability of boardbooks, which prompted this purchase. Are you worried that the sleigh-bell button will cause you to rip out your hair? Don't be! It's a sweet, mellow sound that didn't bother me at all, though our little one pressed it hundreds of times already.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small pictures, March 26 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Aug. 30 2000
This review is from: The Snowman (Paperback)
This is a magical book. My brother and I received it when we were young, from our aunt who worked for Penguin in Australia. It changed both of our lives. When I was 8, our class was scheduled to watch the movie version. I had already seen it, and was afraid to watch it with my classmates for fear that I'd embarrass myself by crying all over the place. It is quite possibly the most touching and tragic book I've ever read, summing up the tragedy of any Shakespeare play or Dickens novel in a simple word-less series of beautiful drawings. It shows a young boy (in England, I believe) who decides to build a snowman. The snowman comes to life, and becomes an instant friend of the little boy. They exchange adventures. The boy takes the snowman through his house, careful to avoid the fireplace! The snowman especially enjoys the icebox, and dressing up in the boy's parents' clothes. The snowman takes the boy on a MAGICAL flight through the night sky, over London, to a land where snowmen and snowwomen have a wonderful party. They then return and say goodnight. The final page will require at least one box of tissues at your side. Just writing this review, I am tearing up! If read as a child, I think it will foster a sense of great sympathy, a feeling of strength after loss, and appreciation for life. If read as an adult, I think it will do all that, but also remind you of what it was like to be a child. Anything was possible. This book goes off of that. It remains a favourite of both my brother and I, and holds a special place in our hearts. It cannot and should not be missed!

5.0 out of 5 stars deliciously brilliant, Jan. 10 2005
A briliant work of art and storytelling. It is remarkable, without words.

4.0 out of 5 stars review, March 17 2002
This review is from: The Snowman (Hardcover)
This is a wordless book about a little boy that makes a snowman. He can't sleep at night so he gets up and opens the door to look at my snowman and he is alive. They go through an exciting night of adventures. He shows him around his house. ... This is a great book even though it doesn't have words. It allows the reader to make up there own interpretation of the pictures and much imagination can be put into trying to read this book. This has great pictures and they are very clear so it can lead to easy interpretation too. This is a great book and I would recommend that everyone reads it. This is a book that I want to have in my classroom collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, Feb. 10 2002
By A Customer
The Snowman...When we are children, the impossible, the fantastic, seems completely possible, if we only believe in it strongly enough. This wonderful picture story by Raymond Briggs depicts a little boy's magical adventure with his snowman who has come to life. This is, to put it simply, a must-have book. If you enjoy it, you must---MUST see the animated version! Words cannot possibly do it justice---you just have to see it. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Dec 30 2001
This review is from: The Snowman (Hardcover)
I find the Snowman by Raymond Briggs to be a wonderful Christmas story. There are no words, so it spurs imagination to create a dialog in your mind. I would also recommend the video (not completely wordless: introduction by David Bowie and a musical soundtrack).

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Lasting Christmas Story, July 2 2001
Lai Chun Pin Patrick "Patrick Lai" (Tsimsahstsui Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snowman (Hardcover)
The Snowman's story is simple but touching. The Snowman of Raymond Briggs's is always a fat, happy and lovely figure. I love it very much since it was broadcasted on television. You might find it childish and boring as an adult, but definitely you can recall your memory as a kid from The Snowman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, Jan. 4 2001
Park, Unie (Nonsan, Chungnam Korea, Republic of) - See all my reviews
29 months baby, My daughter,Eugene really likes this book!! She learned about snow through this book! This snowman-shaped book is her good friend. Thanx a million, snowman!

Snowman, The
Snowman, The by Raymond Briggs (Paperback - Nov. 22 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01