5.0 out of 5 stars Found on the way to another title
Published on July 11 2001 by Brenda Hatchell

3.0 out of 5 stars A good workout for the brain!
Published on March 26 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars A good workout for the brain!, March 26 1998
By A Customer
This book is good for reading if you want to use your brain. It is not very good if you are not working with other people, because you generally need a narrator or you'd have to look in the back which would be cheating. The Wally tests are very tricky but fun to do. The puzzles escalate from the beginning to as easy to challenging at the end. These puzzles are very well composed, and I'd reccomend them for those out there that really like to think hard. If you don't like thinking hard this is not the best choice in books, but if you do it's excellent. There are other lateral thinking puzzles too, if you enjoyed this one (that is assuming you've read it). The reason I gave it a six is because it isn't really a book, like a novel, but filled with little mysteries. The last puzzle is always the very hardest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Found on the way to another title, July 11 2001
Brenda Hatchell (Columbus, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This book magically appeared in my hands. I asked the librarian for a book called Creating Minds and he didn't have that one, but said this one had the same code, would I like to look at it? I took it,looked and was hooked. This book describes how my mind works, and how other people can consider my methods as futile and useless, except of course when they think I'm brilliant! Prior to this the closest descriptions I found were ADD, right-brained, creative, or just plain depressed. I hope to talk to the author soon and find out where this method of thinking is valued so I can go there!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the greatest book that I've ever read., Jan. 15 1999
This book helped me to know how we can use our thinking in more efficient ways. I have used technics that were introduced in this book and they worked very well, my B.S. thesis in Software engineering was based on this book. I Design a Web based Instructor software that teach the students Lateral thinking technics and Practical Thinkings. I used those technics during Analysis & Design of my Software and I developed those technics in my career. Lateral thinking is wonderful book that when everybody uses its technics, s/he will find great improvements in his/her life and career.

4.0 out of 5 stars A mental swiss-army knife, July 19 2000
I found the book quite useful and rich in cognitive know-how. Reflection on De Bono's arguments makes me always feel like a person who is being forewarned and consequently forearmed against the deadlocks hidden in too much systemic thought. After reading such books as De Bono's you resurface into reality with a brand-new intellectual equipment and you find that the heavy logical axe you had before has changed into a much more useful and effective mental swiss-army knife, which in addition has the formidable advantage of easy and secretive portability.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, Jan. 14 2001
De Bono's work in Lateral Thinking is one of the seminal works on creativity. He shows readers how this classical concept can be applied to creative problem solving.
I am the author of Aha! - 10 Ways To Free Your Creative Thinking and Find your Great Ideas, and have included "Lateral Thinking," in the bibliography as required reading for anyone interested in learning how to tap their creativity.
De Bono is a leading thinker in the field of the mind and creativity, and I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bare Bonos, April 23 2000
This review is from: Lateral Thinking (Paperback)
The strength on the book is how concise De Bono manages to be. Written in an unpretentious style the reader's own thoughts are sparked and finishing the book leaves you wanting more. I can see that it is simplistic but I doubt whether writing more words on the subject would be helpful to the reader. In fact I think it would be detrimental as we wouldn't want to drill into the reader's mind landscape too heavily!

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a Whole New Direction in Your Creative Thinking, July 26 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Lateral Thinking (Paperback)
Important work demonstrating the limits of logic and showing readers how to move in new, more creative directions reason alone cannot reach. More than thinking outside the box, lateral thinking let's us escape the box and leave it behind Also consider reading the newer Why Didn't I Think of That? - Think the Unthinkable and Achieve Creative Greatness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected.., Dec 30 2012
This review is from: Lateral Thinking (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to someone who is already
versed in the Bono 'thought wave'.
I am personally disappointed with the book, but that might
have to do with my lack of knowledge with his 'style' and
'expression' & detailed (for me) repetitive & drawn out wordy manner.
I guess I got rather bored, although I am interested in exploring other
books by Bono & have read a few excerpts (from other books) & enjoyed
the format more.
This book was just too 'dry' for me, I didn't
expect the diagrams to be so dull, nor the teaching style so repetitive.
This book just did not work for me, the format and style just
didn't perform 'laterally' enough to hold me captive.
Perhaps diehard Bono fans are the best audience for this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Aug. 23 1998
Michael Michalko (Churchville, New York USA) - See all my reviews
I'm the author of "Thinkertoys" and "Cracking Creativityy." This book is a classic. Everyone interested in creative thinking should buy it and read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too complicated in presentation, Sept. 25 2001
Tapan Samaddar "tapsemi" (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Too complicated to understand. Poor layout of the book. The way information is presented needs to improve a lot.

Lateral Thinking
Lateral Thinking by Bono Edward De (Paperback - March 2 2010)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00