biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on September 26, 2014
This is less a story book, and more a conversation starter - as limited as that conversation might be with a baby or toddler.

In it are themed pages that have a number of beautifully illustrated scenarios or items on them - just like a catalogue. There is also a bit of a story, as the same five families are followed through their day.

One of the many wonderful things about this book is that the families are surprisingly diverse for a book written in the early eighties (making the babies in it the same age as I am!).

It is our favourite book to bring with us when we go out because it is so dense and engaging for a young child. My kid sits fascinated by it for long periods of time (which any parent of a young child knows is *crucial*) but also enjoys having adults explain the pictures to him while he proudly points out and says the name of all the things he recognizes.

It is quite unlike any other baby book, and an unsung must-have in my opinion.
on October 29, 2014
This book catalogues examples of the things which are basic and important in a baby's life. It doesn't sound exciting, but my field testing confirms that babies actually love it. The illustrations by Janet Ahlberg are, as usual, delightful
on December 2, 2003
My children have adored this book, which is clever, witty and - unlike many children's books - endlessly readable. I can't believe that it's out of print! What a shame.
on January 11, 2013
The layout and artwork are great. I just wish I had this when my 18 year old was a tot. Added this to my stash of books.
on April 12, 2015
My gift to new babies for many years.
on November 2, 2015