5.0 out of 5 stars The best board book for the diaper bag, Sept. 26 2014
This review is from: Baby's Catalogue, The (Board book)
This is less a story book, and more a conversation starter - as limited as that conversation might be with a baby or toddler.

In it are themed pages that have a number of beautifully illustrated scenarios or items on them - just like a catalogue. There is also a bit of a story, as the same five families are followed through their day.

One of the many wonderful things about this book is that the families are surprisingly diverse for a book written in the early eighties (making the babies in it the same age as I am!).

It is our favourite book to bring with us when we go out because it is so dense and engaging for a young child. My kid sits fascinated by it for long periods of time (which any parent of a young child knows is *crucial*) but also enjoys having adults explain the pictures to him while he proudly points out and says the name of all the things he recognizes.

It is quite unlike any other baby book, and an unsung must-have in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Crowd-Pleaser for the Under-2 set., Oct. 29 2014
Old Anglican "galtonian" (Cambridge, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Baby's Catalogue, The (Board book)
This book catalogues examples of the things which are basic and important in a baby's life. It doesn't sound exciting, but my field testing confirms that babies actually love it. The illustrations by Janet Ahlberg are, as usual, delightful

5.0 out of 5 stars Another delightful Ahlberg!, Jan. 11 2013
This review is from: Babys Catalogue (Board book)
The layout and artwork are great. I just wish I had this when my 18 year old was a tot. Added this to my stash of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best book ever for small children., Dec 2 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Baby's Catalogue (Paperback)
My children have adored this book, which is clever, witty and - unlike many children's books - endlessly readable. I can't believe that it's out of print! What a shame.

Babys Catalogue
Babys Catalogue by Allan Ahlberg (Board book - June 28 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01