summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on February 26, 2016
While most ideas in this book are OK, I find a hard time reading it. The writing style is poor, and I am constantly annoyed thinking how some parts could be written half the size.

He talks about how the brain naturally works, yet the book lacks images and simplicity, and is unnaturally organized and written. In that sense, it destroys its own main idea...

Also, I think a purpose is a WHAT , not a WHY . A vision is WHY, not a WHAT.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it, what a torture to read though...this could've been so much better!
on March 24, 2016
Thought I would get more out of this, just not my cup of tea, actually couldn't finish the book. Seemed to drone on and on. This is more for people who have busy lifestyles, Leaders of large corporations and the like.
on February 24, 2004
The Amazon.com review said it well: convoluted, lots of fancy terms, subterms and sub-subterms for the simplest concepts. I find myself spending a lot of time figuring out what he's trying to say. The first three chapters are all theory, added perhaps to make the book respectably sized... much time is spent "telling us what he's going to tell us." I also find it difficult to take a couple of days (or more)to collect all the "to-do" actions in my life; a lot of bosses may have a problem with that, too.
I'm still working with it, though, trying to see if I can get to the system that all these people are raving about.
on June 24, 2013
This book is not easy too understand.
I kinda like the idea of 4D in mailbox management but other than that this book doesn't offer much useful stuff.
Typical personal management book that lack of real world examples.
I recommend: Take Back Your Life!: Using Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 to Get Organized and Stay Organized: Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Get Organized and Stay Organized.
on May 13, 2015
Maybe it's a personal and very ironic thing, but I couldn't read through it.
on June 1, 2003
Most of his ideas in his system are modified version of other authors. Nothing really original about this book. It's almost a survey class in time management. A lot of it was taken from Robert Covey's First things First. All he did was change the wording but the idea is still Robert Covey's. And there is an excessive amount of motivational fluff. Anyone whose read Tony Robbins know that motivational fluff only works till you put the book down. Read Seven habits of highly effective people, first things first, and unleashing the warrior within.
on June 8, 2002
Nothing new here. Allot of talk, but that's it. Save your money.
on May 25, 2002
This book really doesn't tell you anything new, nothing that you didn't already know, unless you've never worked in an office before. There is lots of repetition, and the author has a penchant for stating the obvious and making it seem as if he is giving you some great secret or principle. He never gets down to the nitty-gritty; he never gives you a step-by-step procedure for processing your documents quickly and getting the data entered into the computer quickly and then getting the papers into the files quickly. That's what we want to know, not some abstract flow chart. He never shows exactly how to multitask with constant interruptions. Don't waste your money on this book.
on March 19, 2002
I found this CD set to be somewhat of a dry, lengthy production with little information we don't know already. He talks about how to arrange your workstation for optimal productivity- which is a process we all go through to get things done efficiently. If you are new to the workplace with no experience at all on how to get things done and optimize your workspace, then this book is for you. If you already are a professional, don't expect to find any new ideas here.
on March 16, 2015