biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on February 24, 2004
The Amazon.com review said it well: convoluted, lots of fancy terms, subterms and sub-subterms for the simplest concepts. I find myself spending a lot of time figuring out what he's trying to say. The first three chapters are all theory, added perhaps to make the book respectably sized... much time is spent "telling us what he's going to tell us." I also find it difficult to take a couple of days (or more)to collect all the "to-do" actions in my life; a lot of bosses may have a problem with that, too.
I'm still working with it, though, trying to see if I can get to the system that all these people are raving about.
0Comment13 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2013
This book is not easy too understand.
I kinda like the idea of 4D in mailbox management but other than that this book doesn't offer much useful stuff.
Typical personal management book that lack of real world examples.
I recommend: Take Back Your Life!: Using Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 to Get Organized and Stay Organized: Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 to Get Organized and Stay Organized.
on June 1, 2003
Most of his ideas in his system are modified version of other authors. Nothing really original about this book. It's almost a survey class in time management. A lot of it was taken from Robert Covey's First things First. All he did was change the wording but the idea is still Robert Covey's. And there is an excessive amount of motivational fluff. Anyone whose read Tony Robbins know that motivational fluff only works till you put the book down. Read Seven habits of highly effective people, first things first, and unleashing the warrior within.
0Comment5 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2015
Maybe it's a personal and very ironic thing, but I couldn't read through it.
on June 8, 2002
Nothing new here. Allot of talk, but that's it. Save your money.
0Comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2002
This book really doesn't tell you anything new, nothing that you didn't already know, unless you've never worked in an office before. There is lots of repetition, and the author has a penchant for stating the obvious and making it seem as if he is giving you some great secret or principle. He never gets down to the nitty-gritty; he never gives you a step-by-step procedure for processing your documents quickly and getting the data entered into the computer quickly and then getting the papers into the files quickly. That's what we want to know, not some abstract flow chart. He never shows exactly how to multitask with constant interruptions. Don't waste your money on this book.
0Comment2 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2002
I found this CD set to be somewhat of a dry, lengthy production with little information we don't know already. He talks about how to arrange your workstation for optimal productivity- which is a process we all go through to get things done efficiently. If you are new to the workplace with no experience at all on how to get things done and optimize your workspace, then this book is for you. If you already are a professional, don't expect to find any new ideas here.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2015
I'm not impressed
on July 2, 2015
looks good on my desk
0Comment0 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2010
I never received my product because I gave them the wrong address (I'd moved meanwhile and forgot to correct my Amazon address). It's not their fault, but then they must have known that their product was not shipped at the right address and they never contacted me to correct the situation. I'll contact them soon. Again It's my fault.
0Comment0 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse