march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on April 27, 2016
This book presents some very simple, yet powerful organizational tips. Even if you don't employ the full GTD method, you'll still find value in the tips presented. David Allen does a thorough job at showing you his method. Walking away from this book, I implemented a complete paper-based system that works for me. The concepts he presents are complete: whenever someone challenges any part of my system, there is always a logical reason in the book. Everything is intentional, thought out, and functional in GTD.

On the downside, this book is poorly typeset. There is no consistency in headers, emphasized text, paragraph layout, sizing. It almost makes my eyes sore flipping page-to-page. Occasionally, the wording in the book is difficult to process, too. I had a hard time understanding some paragraphs due to David Allen's style of writing.
on April 24, 2016
A bit repetitive, but the method appears sound. Will be implementing more and more as I read.
on March 31, 2016
Great tips that you can put into action immediately.
on March 24, 2016
I have been surprised how effective David Allen's approach has been for improving my productivity. I read the book once and bought into the concepts. Then I read it slowly and implemented it. His approach truly does reduce stress and anxiety while allowing your productivity to improve. I highly recommend this book.
on March 24, 2016
Thought I would get more out of this, just not my cup of tea, actually couldn't finish the book. Seemed to drone on and on. This is more for people who have busy lifestyles, Leaders of large corporations and the like.
on March 19, 2016
Useless. Just make a list
on March 7, 2016
Bought it 'cause HS talked about it ;). Good book.
on March 6, 2016
In this revised edition of his classic bestseller, David Allen seems to suffer from the same problem many successful people do, though unemployed and retired people seem to, as well - they have so much free time on their hands that they forget the rest of us don't! If someone's turning to a book on time-management, I'm just guessing that the person may be stressed and overloaded - given this, would it be possible to just get to the point?! Ironically, this book on "getting down to work" fails to do that very thing, with the author spending chapter-upon-chapter conversing on all manner of things - how the world is changing so quickly! how busy people are these days! - and how successful his book has become. Maybe you have time for all that - I don't, and found myself super-frustrated, wishing the author had included a "Jump right in" point, which would allow readers to get started on the concepts right away. Don't get me wrong - there are valuable concepts in the book, but my God! you'll work to find them in the updated edition, where the "good stuff" is buried under all sorts of meandering thoughts.

I already owned the earlier version of this, which I recall was shorter and more to-the-point; I ordered this hoping for updates, but unfortunately most of what's been added are the "fluff" chapters the other critical reviews refer to. Wish I hadn't bought it as a Kindle since I don't think it can be "returned," otherwise, I would. If you're ready to get down to work and see changes, I recommend Neil Fiore's The Now Habit - otherwise, book the few days off of work you'll need to wade through the first chapters of the new-though-not-improved version of Getting Things Done.
on February 26, 2016
While most ideas in this book are OK, I find a hard time reading it. The writing style is poor, and I am constantly annoyed thinking how some parts could be written half the size.

He talks about how the brain naturally works, yet the book lacks images and simplicity, and is unnaturally organized and written. In that sense, it destroys its own main idea...

Also, I think a purpose is a WHAT , not a WHY . A vision is WHY, not a WHAT.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it, what a torture to read though...this could've been so much better!
on February 22, 2016
It's a absolutely useful book that leads you to the efficient way of life, study and work.