5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and funny

3.0 out of 5 stars A good lesson about nasty people, Nov. 15 2008
Sam (British Columbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The Twits by Roald Dahl is a very short novel that can be read in less than one hour. Children will enjoy The Twits much more than adults would because of the descriptions and the characters involved; there are humans, monkeys, and birds. The Twits teaches a good lesson that people with nasty, evil thoughts start to look ugly themselves, and if you do something bad to others, the same bad thing may happen to you.

Mr. and Mrs. Twit are old (in their sixties), hideous, and disgusting. Both like to play tricks on each other and do outrageous things. Someone's out to get revenge...

I highly recommend The Twits for children, since they will likely find the story more enjoyable than adults will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and funny, Oct. 8 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
I am a seven year old boy and I read this book on my own. I thought it was a really great story to read because it was not too easy but it was a great read. The monkeys were my favourite characters because they were friendly and they came from Africa. My second favourite character was the Rolly Polly Bird because she helped the monkeys turn the twits upside down. It was very weird because they were a family but they did not like each other and they played very nasty tricks on each other. Mrs. Twit was really good at planting thorn nettles in the garden. Mr Twit drinks a lot of beer. I recommend this book for six to eight year old readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars this book is great, June 29 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
This book i enjoyed very much. I loved how it was really funny, and every chapter made me laugh. It was a easy to read book and it was really imaginative. the only things i didnt like is that the chapters were really short and the begginig to almost the end all they did were jokes on each other for a while. But over all it was a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twits Book Review, June 9 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The Twits are the ugliest and evilest people in the whole entire world. They have caged monkeys at their house. The monkeys want to be free to return to Africa. The Roly Poly bird comes to help them get free. The Roly Poly bird is a bird that origanated in Africa and took a vacation to England. Will the monkeys get? Read the book to find out.
We liked The Twits because it was funny and silly. It was also a short chapter book. The Twits are funny characters. I would really consider reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The twits, May 28 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
When I read the book called The Twits I thought it was very interesting. It was very extraordinary and exciting. It was also really gross when the writer, Roald Dahl, wrote about Mr. Twits beard. Mr. Twit never washed it and it had bits of food from many years ago in it. It's just a funny little book you can read in your spare time. Mr. and Mrs. Twit fight a lot by planning mean and nasty tricks on each other. I wonder why they are married? The twits aren't just ugly on the outside but on the inside as well! The Twits hate everyone and everything. They are mean to nature and animals. They have no care or respect for anyone, not even for themselves! They catch innocent birds and make them into bird pies.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Twits, March 11 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The Twits, by Roald Dahl, is a funny story about Mr. and Mrs. Twit. They are two hairy people. Mr. and Mrs. Twit like to eat bird pie but the monkeys save them. They have some monkeys. The monkeys are called the Muggle Wumps they save the birds.
I liked that the whole book was funny and weird. I wanted to read on every chapter because the monkeys were saving the birds . It felt like I was one of the monkeys . Every chapter was a cliffhanger.
The author could have explained more about why Mr. and Mrs. Twit did not like each other. Also, he could have told why they made the monkeys stand on their heads.
The book teaches an important lesson is never to be mean to others or they will be mean to you back. Mr. and Mrs. Twit werenï¿t being nice so they paid the price.
If you want to know what happens, read
The Twits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Book!, Feb. 11 2004
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
I just read the book. I thought it was a great book. The Twits is one of my favorite books because I liked the funny things the Twits and the monkeys did. I also thought it was a great book because the pictures in the book were fantastic I thought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book!, Feb. 6 2004
Christina A. Zaremba (Plano, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
The Twits are hilarous. After reading the book to my students they became hooked on Roald Dahl books. They just had to read other of his books. The pratical jokes the Twits play on each other is my students favorite part. I highly recommend this book and any other book written by Roald Dahl!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twit, Nov. 21 2003
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
I read a book that was called The Twits by Ronald Dahl. It was very interesting. The main characters were Mr. Twit and Ms. Twit. Un like any other family they fought a lot and I mean a lot. The story takes place in they're house and in the backyard. The problem was that every time they would get into a fight they would do extraordinary things to each other; I think that anybody and everybody would like this book because it's funny and really interesting. They authors language was great because he used words that described every little thing. My reaction when I get done with the book was I was astonishes because I thought it was so good. Well I hope you read this book cause I think you would like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twits, Nov. 13 2003
This review is from: The Twits (Paperback)
This book was so funny! If you like pranks and gluing your pants to trees you will love this book. Just don't try any of these pranks at home or anywhere else for that matter!

The Twits
The Twits by Roald Dahl (Paperback - Aug. 21 2007)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54