5.0 out of 5 stars Paper Towns
Published on July 12 2010 by The Crescive Library

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Sort of
I haven't been able to finish this book yet. Nothing has caught me. It's not realistic. I have purchased another book of his and hope that it will be more interesting. Someday I may finish this book. Never believe rave reviews.
Published 3 months ago by charlie1212

5.0 out of 5 stars Paper Towns, July 12 2010
This review is from: Paper Towns (Hardcover)
Quentin Jacobsen is a quiet guy who enjoys having rules and plans for the future. The girl he has been in love with for ever, his next door neighbour Margo, likes anything but the rules. Margo is the kind of girl who disappears on wild and crazy adventures, not the kind of girl who would take notice of Quentin. Except one night she climbs through his window demanding he be her getaway car on a night of mischief and adventure and it's a night that changes everything.

John Green doesn't disappoint. Paper Towns is a wonderful story about a regular guy finding his self and the crazy girl that shows him the way. I know that's kind of a typical storyline for Green, but I love it none the less. Paper Towns highlights Green's ability to write beautifully reflective storylines which are rich with layers and deadpan humour. The story is fast paced and readers will undoubtedly be drawn into the enigma that is Margo and the clues she leaves for Q. I loved how Green weaved the idea of paper towns and the theme of home into the story, and I loved that Margo and Q are such unfinished characters; it makes them raw and relatable. The thing that I think Green does better than anyone else, which makes his books exceptional, is his ability to write such beautiful and vibrant supporting characters. They add so much to the story and the reader ends up loving them as much as the main characters. Overall, I thought this was a wonderful book; it was funny but at the same time tugged on my heart strings. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to a wide audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Oct. 23 2008
This review is from: Paper Towns (Hardcover)
I first fell in love with John Green when he came out with the book LOOKING FOR ALASKA. I was equally enchanted with AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES. Last night, I finally finished John Green's latest and greatest addition, PAPER TOWNS. Mind you, I have been trying to finish it for three days crammed between work, work, and more work. It got to the point that something had to give and it was going to be my work, because I just had to finish the book. I read someone else's review and she said that she was tempted to skip to page 305, the last page, to see what happened to one of the main characters, Margo. I want this person to know I was tempted to but, alas, I did not peek either - I was so proud of myself. Besides, waiting until the end made the book even more satisfying.

Reading this book reminded me of the people who I went to high school with - the band geeks, the jocks, the Untouchable popular kids. I knew people that were like Margo, Quentin, Radar, Ben, and Lacey. Some I liked, others I didn't. I get Margo's feeling of needing to get out of the paper town she lives in so she doesn't get even more sucked in.

Would I have done it her way? Probably not, but her way led to some really funny dialogue between the characters and a neat little mystery to figure out.

PAPER TOWNS pulls you in from the beginning. One thing Green does so well is go into detail, painting rich layers seamlessly tying together the characters and their stories.

We read a story about something that happened in Quentin and Margo's childhood and then skip forward many years to a time right before Prom, which Quentin will not go to for any amount of money offered. Things get interesting when Margo shows up at his window dressed liked a ninja, insisting that he has to help her. Mind you, Margo is Quentin's unrequited love, so you tell me, does he go along with Margo's adventure? It only takes a little coaxing, but he sure does. The night, as they accomplish all the things on Margo's list, who is hellbent on revenge, is pretty magical, not just for Quentin but Margo, too.

School the next day was definitely interesting, for lack of a better word. Quentin struggles to say awake in class because their adventure lasted to just about dawn, and then realizes that Margo isn't in school. I am not sure if I would have gone to school, either, after all they had done the night before....

The question will soon become - where is Margo? She has seemingly disappeared, leaving clues for Quentin to find. Will Quentin and his friends figure out the clues, and will they lead to Margo? And if they do, will she be dead or alive? You will just have to read the book to find out.

It will not surprise me one iota if Green walks away with a few awards for this book. Definitely another winner!

Reviewed by: coollibrarianchick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writer, Feb. 25 2014
This review is from: Paper Towns (Paperback)
Another in the series for my granddaughter. Good price as well. Fast free delivery. Only one more in the series and it will be complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, May 28 2014
This review is from: Paper Towns (Kindle Edition)
As usual, Green never fails to deliver. I picked this up and did not put it down until the last page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and interesting, May 11 2014
This review is from: Paper Towns (Paperback)
Bought for my younger sister and she uses John Green's books for her personal learning.

Very nice perspective and easy to comprehend.

Good read for all ages!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Sort of, April 6 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars oddly compelling Coming of age Tale, Feb. 26 2014
Lawrence Farries (Red Deer, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paper Towns (Kindle Edition)
A story about a boy in love with an unattainable girl, a theme with which we can all identify. We have all been vapid youth, after all. He is so well-read, well-spoken, committed and quietly courageous that his obsession becomes our obsession--to find her when she vanishes abruptly after they share an adventurous night together.

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome, Jan. 28 2014
This review is from: Paper Towns (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the mystery in it. It's funny and interesting and inspiring. I really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars So impressed!, Jan. 13 2013
This review is from: Paper Towns (Paperback)
Not only was this book an amazing read, but it also came in WAY before it was scheduled to arrive! So impressed!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Mystery, Dec 29 2009
K. Edwards (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paper Towns (Hardcover)
One night, Quentin's neighbor Margo shows up at his window dressed in black. She demands that he act as her getaway driver for the night, so that she can do Eleven Important Things.

Quentin has been in love with Margo since they were kids, and has barely spoken to her in years. How could he say no?
After a night of adventure and revenge, Quentin is looking forward to a new relationship with Margo. But the next day, she has disappeared.

Margo has left a trail of clues that Quentin is determined to follow, but some are disturbingly depressing. When he reaches the finish, will Quentin find Margo ' or just her body?

This is a great mystery that will keep you guessing right until the end! Although I found the ending slightly disappointing, the humour and suspense more than made up for it.

This book won the Edgar Allen Poe Award for best YA mystery in 2009.

Paper Towns
Paper Towns by John Green (Paperback - Sept. 22 2009)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89