4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting mystery thriller for kids
I have read John Grisham novels in the past and enjoyed them and so was excited to read this middle school novel - I was not disappointed, this is an exciting, intreguing read for kids.

Published on July 24 2011 by Coreena

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitiveness from previous books in the series.
Published 3 months ago by John Wiley

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting mystery thriller for kids, July 24 2011

The beginning immediately draws the reader in when Theo's friend April has been abducted. There is a kind of tough talking detective feel to the book, a bit abrubt and edgy. At the same time, Grisham makes the reader feel for April and her plight and want her rescued, as well as feeling total sympathy for Theo in his plight to find his friend.

Theo is a fun character who will appeal to kids who like smart dectective novels. He has a passion for the law which is contageous and keeps the reader turning the pages to watch him figure out what happened to his friend.

There are times when the book is a little repetative, but overall, it is well written and kids who like mystery, solving puzzles and suspense will really enjoy this series of books. Grisham successfully combines the mystery solving Nancy Drew type story with a kid friendly legal thriller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitiveness from previous books in the series., May 21 2014
I bought the series of 5 books, simply because there was no warning that the books are for teenagers and I'm 78, and I've been reading Grisham from before he was writing even. These books were very difficult to comprehend, mostly because the first one didn't have an ending. I kept on reading them all-;), and discovered there was so much repetitiveness in each book from one to another, I don't know how a young teenager would have my patience to read them all. I am a retired entrepreneur from the print industry, from machine sales to press operator to proofreader to 2 book author myself, I admire and enjoyed John Grisham so much over the years I thought he should be aware of his proofreader? Publisher?

4.0 out of 5 stars The Abduction, Sept. 14 2011
My book is really brand new and delivered on time. What I like most is that even I still have a pending book, Amazon delivered my first two books without additional charges for all of my 3 book orders. Thumbs up to you Amazon!@

5.0 out of 5 stars John Grisham, Feb. 11 2014
How can you go wrong with this authors books?
Have read 2 of the Theodore Boons books and plan to read the third one as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Grisham does it again!, April 17 2013
Another good book from this talented writer, can't go wrong with any books from John Grisham!! Can't wait to read the next of this series...

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid Lawyer Strikes Again, April 1 2013
Give this book to your 10-14 year-olds, they will keep on 'till the end. Theodore tracks down the apparent abductor of his young lady friend with his odd ball hippy uncle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, Aug. 2 2014
I think Grisham is running out of ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, Aug. 26 2014
Awesome book and transaction!

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, April 18 2014
This review is from: Theodore Boone: The Abduction (Paperback)
did not read enough about it prior to ordering and did not realize it was written more for teenagers rather than adults

Theodore Boone: The Abduction
Theodore Boone: The Abduction by John Grisham (Paperback - April 24 2012)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54