Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on August 9, 2007
As an avid fantasy reader I have enjoyed my way through R.A. Salvatore and his adventures with Drizzt as well as his ancillary novels; Robert Jordans Wheel of Time Series, Terry Goodkind's Sword of truth novels and most recently the unbelievably talented George RR Martins A Game of Thrones books. While at times each writer has bogged down and gone off on tangents or into story arcs that I disliked, I have for the most part enjoyed their talent, writing skills and storytelling.

After finishing with the last Martin book, I looked on the internet for some advice as to whom to read next and like an earlier reviewer on this page I came across Bakker and his series. Having received a glowing review like some given here, I went out and purchased his book. Let me say for that the first time in years and I do mean years I have given up on a book and refused to finish reading it. This book is terrible. Bakker's writing is excessively flowery, characters and story arcs appear to come and go in random manners and simply put, much of his writing makes absolutely no sense. After trying 10 or 11 times to read more then 10 pages without falling asleep I finally gave up. Worst yet, I had been given a gift card to the book store and I bought all three of this novels in this series thinking that I would for sure enjoy them as I have yet to come across a fantasy author who didn't peak my interest. For those of you contemplating a purchase you've been warned "caveat emptor".
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse