Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on October 9, 2007
Ryan Knighton is a brave, strong man. His openness about his life and family (warts and all exposed) while going blind should be an inspiration to all who read his book. His fiercely independent refusal to give in to his blindness until absolutely necessary, is written honestly, humorously and is often totally irreverant. As a disabled person myself I could identify with his need to exist and function "normally" as much as possible, for as long as he possibly could. I found the latter chapters of the book to be particularly poignant and revealing as Mr. Knighton finally accepts, within himself, the limitations that have been placed upon him. It is by no means easy and should not be taken lightly. The fact that he shares his life so openly makes this a "must read" for everyone, especially those who think "that would never happen to me" or who have never "put themselves in another's shoes". This book just might change the way you "see" things!
on April 17, 2007
I read this book in my book club - I doubt that I would have picked it up otherwise. It only took the first chapter laughing outloud for me to know how much I was going to enjoy Knighton's journey. Using humor as a tactic to help the reader understand issues and experiences of the visually impaired, made a very readable book that I cannot get out of my head. It's been a few months since I read it and I am still talking about it and recommending it.
on September 16, 2006
Knighton is a superb writer, and this is a book that makes you laugh and want to cry at the same time. Reading it was tremendously entertaining because the writing is funny, funny, funny and at the same time it was immensely informative about the emotional process of losing vision, about identity, struggle, humanity and dignity. I am glad to have Knighton's words and thoughts in my mind: this book is definitely worth reading and rereading.