Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on September 13, 2012
Brendan explains the concepts behind the Thrive in a straight forward manner. He does not focus on the technical details but educates the reader at a higher level ie more overview. I have applied some of the concepts to my eating habits and food choices and for me it was more of a tweaking in some areas and other are and will be more of an adjustment. Not sure if recipes are for everyone but can choose other Vegan recipes. Food plays such an inportant role in overall health. As North Americans we could all use a tune up.

[ASIN:0143052365 The Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way to Losing Weight, Reducing Stress, and Staying Healthy for Life]]
on February 24, 2009
Difficult to find a lot of the ingredients for a small town dweller such as myself. Felt hungry too quite a bit in between meals. Food tastes good just have to get used to it.
on September 30, 2008
It is a good book, with good recipes in it. But with the Creamy Ginger Dressing there must be a misprint - there is no way that recipe makes 1 1/2 cups. Also, for the Energy bars it says 'they become easier to handle as they dry' but dry where? you don't use a dehydrator - so I am guessing you leave them on the counter? All in all it is a good nutritional book with some yummy recipes! He should have included his Rejuvenator Brownies - those are good!!! Also, I can't find an email address anywhere so I can ask questions about the book.
on October 18, 2007
...and I have read a lot of health books.

A strong case for being vegan - somewhat convincing at times.
New ideas = recalibrate your metabolism - go to a lower basal rate - discovery of chlorella and hemp. He is big into sprouts. A lot of good recipes.

My main criticism is:

1. Very poor documenting his facts and supporting materials. Although he has a lot references jammed in the back, virtually none of his stats, facts and ideas are footnoted. This is unacceptable and unforgiveable for such a book - how could anyone (author or publisher) get away with this?

2. Further to the above, a few stats/claims are a outlandish.

However, I liked most of the ideas; so I give this a 4 out of 5. Two curious things to end with:
--I have never ever read a chapter on sources of "protein" before where there is not even 1 mention of meat (even in a vegan book)
--Making your own ketchup? Come on man! You have too much time on your hands!