5.0 out of 5 stars The Thrive Diet is a Gift
The Thrive Diet is a gift - a gift to yourself and your commitment to live a better quality life. I am so grateful that Brendan has taken the time to share his deep experiences and knowledge with us in his new book.

The Thrive Diet is a solution for many ailments that we encounter on a daily basis from living on this stressful planet. He is keenly aware of and...
Published on March 20 2007 by Arjan Khalsa

3.0 out of 5 stars Recipe Book
I enjoyed reading this book but was disappointed with the lack of depth of it's nutritional information. A considerable section of the book (16 pages) is devoted just to a day by day diet plan for 12 weeks, with much of that basically repeating itself with only slight differences.
I was expecting a more detailed explanation of the specific need for each food listed...
Published 18 months ago by Jtawg

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thrive Diet, June 3 2010
Luba Zagurak (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way To Losing Weight Reducing Stress And Staying (Paperback)
It's not another diet book. It's a 'how you can achieve optimal health' book.
Ironman Triathelete Brendan Brazier has put together an excellent long-term eating plan based on nutrient dense plant-based whole foods. Weather or not you are an athelete or a Vegan, this book tells everyone how they can achieve optimal health through nutrition.

Fasinating reading about stess, Ph, hydration, exercise plus a 12 week meal-plan and shopping list to get you started.
Definitely worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super great ideas for food, June 22 2014
I love this book. I'm not a vegan, but I really like the recipes and I love the first couple chapters explaining the importance of fuelling our bodies with high energy foods. I've used these recipes in addition to my clean eating, organic beef, etc., and I feel fabulous. All my sugar cravings are gone (I don't eat any sugar anymore) and it is just amazing. I bought this book for my 21 year old daughter as well, to really teach her about the importance of eating the right kinds of foods that give us optimum energy. So whether you are vegan or not, this book is a great addition to your recipe collection. Just amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Do the thing and you shall have the power! for they that do NOT do the thing have not the power" Emerson!!!, May 21 2013
What can I tell you? Brendan has done the work. He lives it!! You have the same opportunity as he. When you follow his lead, you too will enjoy the benefits. Need I say more!! DO IT!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull !!!, July 23 2012
This book is just amazing !! Information are well sumarize and very clear ! I love how it's written. I have learn a lot of new information, even though I was a person who knows a lot of things about health. I like the way the author think too !! Recipes are great and different. A must for everyone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars More Approbation . . ., June 21 2011
Thrive Diet is a great book. It's clear, insightful, and can be consulted now and again as a reference book. For me, it was the catalyst that pushed me to make the health-conscious dietary changes I knew I needed to make. Don't look back . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but....., Sept. 30 2008
It is a good book, with good recipes in it. But with the Creamy Ginger Dressing there must be a misprint - there is no way that recipe makes 1 1/2 cups. Also, for the Energy bars it says 'they become easier to handle as they dry' but dry where? you don't use a dehydrator - so I am guessing you leave them on the counter? All in all it is a good nutritional book with some yummy recipes! He should have included his Rejuvenator Brownies - those are good!!! Also, I can't find an email address anywhere so I can ask questions about the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reference Manual for Vegan, Dec 19 2010
What I loved the most about the book is that other than the powder protein, supplements are not necessary to have a balance diet contrary to other vegan diets. I found all the recepies I've tried so far in the book are delicous as well and as a reference point...I am not a vegan yet, therefore, difficult to please when it comes to vegan food!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good info., May 13 2013
Decent book on how to use a vegan diet to improve your overall health and with an emphasis on tips for athletes on the best foods to eat pre and post workouts. Lots of good info.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST!, March 12 2011
G. Brunet "musicaliac" (Montreal, QC) - See all my reviews
This is a must read. As a former olympian (4th in olympic cycling road race in 1988), I think this is one of the best nutrition book around. It is not about performance, it is about health which in turn produces a well functioning body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend Read, July 18 2011
Under Ether - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I picked up this book because as a vegan I wasn't always sure I'm getting all the nutrients that I should be. This book is really informative and helpful. Most of the recipes I've tried have been really good, although I think a dehydrator would work better for some things. A couple of the recipes didn't work at all, but it might just something I have to work at to get them right. I really like how the recipes don't call for a lot of ingrediants, and a lot of them have similar ingrediants, which is really nice since I don't have a lot of money to spend on food each week, and I find being a vegan already can be expensive. My one complaint would be some recipes have high fat and calorie content, due to the coconut oil, hemp oil, and nuts used in a majority of the recipes. The raw burgers (2 patties) are over 1000 calories. Not an issue if you are an athlete, but since I'm always wary of excess calories, it's something to make note of. Otherwise a really great book.

Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way To Losing Weight Reducing Stress And Staying