summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 24, 2001
I tried reading this book shortly after college in 1994 & it didn't capture my attention then. I reread it this year & liked it much better. I did find myself drifting a bit during certain passages...Le Carre is somewhat long-winded at points. The book does contain some funny British humor. The story itself isn't all that exciting but it is a good mystery...we work along with Smiley to determine who the mole is. Smiley is an interesting character...in addition to his spy work we also go through the pain of his wife deserting him for another man. I'll try reading some other Le Carre stuff...this wasn't bad at all.
on April 17, 1999
This is my 3rd reaking of this book, an it still holds its own.... But, as I recall, either Masterpiece, or Mystery on PBS did a 3 or 4 part seris of this novel, starring Sir Alec Guiness, and I'm trying to find out where I can buy it... Any sugestions??
on July 28, 2015
A complex spy novel well built and driven. A lot more interesting than the movie.
on December 8, 2014
Entertaining reading, but a bit over-rated.
on March 18, 2016