5.0 out of 5 stars You CAN buy experience. . .
I have had this book for two hours. My husband has been trying to get me to take over the chequebook and I have been sticking my head in the sand-- knowing how much we need and what is going out and coming in has been depressing. I read Barbara's first chapter and asked for all the information on our finances which he gladly gave to me. I will be up all night sorting...
Published on Nov. 22 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars A Motivational Speech Minus the Motivation
I bought this book thinking that it would offer tips and strategies pertaining to how to begin investing, planning for future and retirement, or even just how to better understand financial jargon. It offered none of the above.
The book details (repeatedly) how women grow up thinking some man is going to come along and take care of them. Sure, I get that. The book...
Published on Aug. 7 2002 by evilscrunchie

4.0 out of 5 stars Take financial responsibility, Dec 7 2000
By A Customer
Women need to take financial responsibility. Married, single or divorced, women need to be in control of their money. Waiting for Prince Charming to rescue you from financial ruin is another way of saying, "I'm helpless."

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the most important book I ever read., March 11 1999
By A Customer
This book should be made required reading for high school. I wish I had known all this information years ago.
Although the book is written for women, don't assume men can't benefit from it.
Thank you Barbara Stanny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend this one!, Dec 22 2003
By A Customer
This book was fun to read and inspiring. I'd recommend it for any woman, (and a few men I know) who need to get their arms around the whole money issue. I'm about to buy her newest book. Hope it's just as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, Jan. 3 1998
skye@olympus.net (Port Townsend, WA) - See all my reviews
I'm over fifty and it's about time I've gotten such good advice regarding money matters . Of course, I wish I had started earlier---still, B.Stanny gives me inspiration and hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for Financial Freedom!, Dec 3 1998
By A Customer
I loved this book! After reading it, I was inspired to save money and invest wisely. I feel so much smarter about money. Barbara's book is better than Suze Orman's!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for experienced investors, Nov. 30 2001
By A Customer
The book is for beginners. It doesn't offer anything new or useful to experienced investors--women or men. Waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was a bore..., June 4 2001
By A Customer
I thought this book was silly. I didn't like how it was written...

Prince Charming Isn't Coming: How Women Get Smart About Money
Prince Charming Isn't Coming: How Women Get Smart About Money by Barbara Stanny (Paperback - April 24 2007)
CDN$ 18.50 CDN$ 13.36