5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Fascinating
Published on Nov. 27 2009 by Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read
Very interesting - validates my belief that most people make decisions based on emotion and then back them up based on facts. We are just not as "Vulcan" as we think we are!
Published on Feb. 11 2010 by Aviva Shiff

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and Fascinating, Nov. 27 2009
Morris (North Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness (Paperback)
I loved this book! I have a business background but I now work extensively in the area of health promotion. I found the information in the book really practical and helpful. There were all kinds of excellent ideas about things organizations and people can do to (subtly) influence their employees/family/friends to make better decisions, whether we want them to choose healthy food choices in the company cafeteria or make sound and sensible decisions with their retirement savings. For example, you can encourage a parent to have an operation by saying: "there is a 90% chance you will have a full recovery". If you don't want them to have it, just tell them: "there is a 10% chance you'll die".

I have receommended this book to several others; I also dug up an earlier book from Cass Sunstein (the co-author) called "Why Society Needs Dissent" which I stongly recommend also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient, June 3 2013
The principles described in this book are useful in the modern context to achieve efficient and efficacious results in public management.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solutions, June 7 2014
Lee Wood (Vancouver, BC, CANADA) - See all my reviews
One reasons that hardware stores are my favourite stores is that I get to view hundreds of solutions to common problems. I enjoy simply wandering down the isles, marvelling at the genius on display. Nudge offers a similar collection of genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you a different lens for the world, May 4 2014
This put was like putting on a new set of glasses then going out into the world. Everything is a series of nudges including raising children.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, Feb. 11 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Sept. 23 2009
Ed (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
I didn't get pass the first few chapters of this book. The writing is monotone and I found the information contained within to be of little use.

Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness
Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Cass R. Sunstein (Paperback - Feb. 24 2009)
CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72