Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 27, 2009
I loved this book! I have a business background but I now work extensively in the area of health promotion. I found the information in the book really practical and helpful. There were all kinds of excellent ideas about things organizations and people can do to (subtly) influence their employees/family/friends to make better decisions, whether we want them to choose healthy food choices in the company cafeteria or make sound and sensible decisions with their retirement savings. For example, you can encourage a parent to have an operation by saying: "there is a 90% chance you will have a full recovery". If you don't want them to have it, just tell them: "there is a 10% chance you'll die".

I have receommended this book to several others; I also dug up an earlier book from Cass Sunstein (the co-author) called "Why Society Needs Dissent" which I stongly recommend also.
on June 3, 2013
The principles described in this book are useful in the modern context to achieve efficient and efficacious results in public management.
on July 16, 2015
A book suitable for all background to read. Informative in how to improve practices. Great way to identify ways to mitigate problems that may seem too large to analyze
on May 4, 2014
This put was like putting on a new set of glasses then going out into the world. Everything is a series of nudges including raising children.
on July 16, 2016
Could not be more pleased with my five book purchases. My order for a keyless entry-remote was not delivered.
Allen Morgan
on August 30, 2015
Informative and thought provoking!