5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Insight
This book has incredible insight into what Shirky calls our "Cognitive Surplus" - this excess of free time being put to good use when we are given a medium that allows us to do so. The internet is the best thing that happened to me; the TV sure as hell wasn't!
Published on Feb. 11 2012 by NW

3.0 out of 5 stars Always check the Narrator on an audio book.
Published on July 6 2010 by william laidlaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Insight, Feb. 11 2012
This review is from: Cognitive Surplus: How Technology Makes Consumers into Collaborators (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Always check the Narrator on an audio book., July 6 2010
I eagerly purchased this Clay Shirky book based on listening to podcasts of his thoughts on the future of the newspaper business. The man's comments were insightful, he reeked intelligence. While I am sure he still does, it is difficult to tell in this audio effort as he chose to not narrate this book. I found myself drifting through vast sections with no memory of what had been spoken.
Regrets, as had I bought the hardcover I would have still heard his voice and likely been once again spellbound.

Cognitive Surplus: How Technology Makes Consumers into Collaborators