5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant premise and and awesome story!
Today it was announced that The Gryphon Project is one of two Honour Books for the 2010 CLA YA Award, and for good reason!
Carrie Mac has created a world that defies death, but with conditions. The main character is forced to fight for her brother's life, but will her efforts work?
Published on April 15 2010 by C. Demers

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is there no zero star rating?
I've read alot of books, and I can say that without a doubt this is the worst book I've ever read. It's worse than Twilight, hands down.

Published on March 5 2010 by Lady Laela

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant premise and and awesome story!, April 15 2010
This review is from: Gryphon Project, The (Paperback)
I loved the world of The Gryphon Project. I believed every moment of the story, which is impressive, considering the elements of scifi and glimpses of fantasy Mac has woven into the story. The world is very similar to our own, but different in ways that captivate you and leave you wanting to keep reading to find out more about Phoenix's reality. You will be reading The Gryphon Project while perched on the edge of your seat, because it is fast-paced and full of suspense, which is exactly what I like in a story. While I was reading this book, I dreamed about the characters at night, and when I finished it, I was sad to leave the world behind. That is the sign of an excellent book!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is there no zero star rating?, March 5 2010
Lady Laela (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gryphon Project, The (Paperback)

The premise sounds interesting, and if handled another way I think it could have been. The classist, slightly dystopian society serves as both backdrop and vital plot points, but it's never really explored. I wanted more from this book - much more, anything more.

The characters are so flat they're transparent - I honestly forgot their names /while/ reading the book. Anyone who has any personality traits is intolerably annoying or, in the case of the main character's best friend, a horrible person. They are never described at any point (with the exception of Gryphon himself), so one can't even picture them.

The plot is not exciting, or suspenseful, and the resolution is just disappointing. The dialogue is often childish and the whole book is outright vapid.

If I could have given this book less than one star, I honestly would have. I only managed to finish it through some bizarre masochism, and a vain hope it would get even marginally better. It did not, and the several hours I spent reading this is time I will never get back.

Gryphon Project, The
Gryphon Project, The by Carrie Mac (Paperback - Aug. 4 2009)
CDN$ 14.00 CDN$ 12.60