5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fitness advice for vegans.
Published on April 6 2009 by M. Szenteszky

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked Trive Diet Better
Published on Nov. 13 2010 by J. Brooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fitness advice for vegans., April 6 2009
M. Szenteszky (Toronto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thrive Fitness: Mental and Physical Strength for Life (Paperback)
I really enjoyed Brazier's first book Thrive Diet which eventually led me to explore a raw food diet (even though not all of his recipes were raw). I take fitness seriously and have struggled to find nutrition and fitness information that spoke to me as a vegan. In this second book Brazier goes deeper into training methods that were gleaned from trial and error. I really enjoyed reading it and I am currently trying out some of the training tips. I highly recommend it for anyone who is actively training and wishes to get more out of their regime, or for beginners just starting out.

3.0 out of 5 stars I liked Trive Diet Better, Nov. 13 2010
J. Brooks - See all my reviews
Great book for anyone wanting to ramp up their fitness routine. Lots of sound advice on getting more return for the time you're putting into your workout (cause who wants to workout more than they have to?) and tons of good nutritional advice too. Brazier being a triathlete, I was hoping for more specifics on running, biking, and swimming (especially swimming), but I also see where he was going with this book and it does work.

If you're only going to buy one Brendan Brazier book though, I'd go with Thrive Diet. There's quite a bit of overlap between the two and I found Diet to be the more complete of the two books. The only thing Diet doesn't have is the 6-week workout plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who are making a conscious change, May 11 2013
Excellent resource for anyone who is making a change in their diet and exercise plan. The Vega products are worth a try too.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Auxiliary . . ., June 21 2011
Thrive Fitness (2008) is a great compliment to Thrive Diet (2007). It reiterates, in summary form, the chief tenets of Thrive Diet and sets forth a wealth of sound fitness advice. But it is not, in my view, a stand-alone work. To complete the system, so to speak, one needs the more thorough nutritional breakdown included in Thrive Diet. So, buy both excellent books, beginning with the older Thrive Diet.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Thrive Diet is life changing. Thrive Fitness is nice but..., April 29 2014
What surprised me most about this book is how confusing it was to figure out what you should do. He goes deeper into fitness and you learn a ton, don't get me wrong. But for example he has a "Thrive Fitness Weight Training Circuit" as part of the weekly "what to do" list. However try finding the actual circuit in the book. There is no page or anything in the index that points you to the page where you easily see the circuit.

So it is a great book to learn a ton about what you should do. But it fails as an easy to understand guide to take with the gym with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, Dec 10 2011
This book was really helpful. I really loved how Brendan actually gave you specific exercises to try out. He tells you what's good to eat for specific exercises. Lots of nutritional information. After finishing this book, i tried out the exercises; they were really good. I also went back and reread some parts of the book. I found that just reading this book inspired me to be more active. Really good!!! i recommend it 100%.

Thrive Fitness: Mental and Physical Strength for Life
Thrive Fitness: Mental and Physical Strength for Life by Brendan Brazier (Paperback - Dec 23 2008)
CDN$ 24.00 CDN$ 17.33