5.0 out of 5 stars Best is last!
I read this book in french. It is the first part of a trilogy. This is not your "usual" thriller. The characters are very important and the author takes his time to present each one of them with the location in the first 100 pages. So the reader must not be impatient. The first book has a story in itself. The second book has the same main characters but the plot is...
Published on Sept. 14 2008 by Dragonfly

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy to be done this book!
I have been waiting a long time to read this book. Unfortunately I expected to be able to just pick it up and read it fairly quickly. This was however, not what happened. I hit a very hard brick wall upon opening it and starting to read. It was a horrendous fight to read this book all the way through. The author was so detailed in his descriptions to set the scene and get...
Published on Feb. 20 2012 by Tom Turvey

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mitt, Aug. 6 2013
4 stars simply because it got me curious enough (barely) to read the next book, witch is the second best of the series. I believe this book to be an introduction to the characters of the series, nothing more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, July 3 2013
I enjoyed this book. It was well written and kept me reading, probably much later than I should have been.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 7 2013
This review is from: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Mass Market Paperback)
Good read. Hard to follow all the characters. Really messed up story with lots of twists and gore. Made the movies make more sense for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Series!, May 15 2013
J. Hussey - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Mass Market Paperback)
A captivating and thrilling start to what has become one of my favorite Trilogies! I 100% recommend this book to anyone. Wonderful characters, plot, etc!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo: The Full Story, April 22 2013
The movie is excellent, but like any movie, all the details of the book cannot be portrayed. It is a fun exercise to see the movie and then read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisbeth Salander Rocks, March 28 2013
Wonderfully written, nail biting, keeps you wanting to read the next page, and the next...
Trilogy is one that will be read and talked about for many many moons. Thank you Stieg Larsson! RIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of the set, Feb. 21 2013
this is the third book of the set i gavcve to my dad for xmas and he is enjoying them very uch thank you .
Veronica

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., Jan. 25 2013
Pat the cat - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This was an excellent book...it's much better than the movie. It was a very interesting experience to read this book because, when I picked it up, I had forgotten that I had seen the movie a few years prior. As I read the first few chapters I kept thinking that it was familiar until bang, it hit me that I'd seen the movie (which was complicated, hard to follow because of the odd Sweedish names, dark, too much emphasis on Salander's dealing with her guardian). So, while it kind of spoiled some of the fun, I found the book so much better than the movie that it was still a very intriguing suspense. The ethical dilemma that Blomkvist faces toward the end of the book is a neat twist and so is the trick that Salander pulls. I look forward to reading the next book and see what happens to the Salander character (i.e., the girl with the dragon tattoo). That said, one of the comments on the book's jacket said that it was a "sexy thriller" -- what a moron...the sex in this book cannot be described as sexy unless you're a pervert...it's cruel, it's controlling and only very marginally fulfilling...talk about missing the point...It's a very intelligent story and I'm still amazed that I found the story of such a creepy/dysfunctional family to be entertaining... This author was so gifted...I give it 5 stars (excellent).

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Jan. 8 2013
Murray Macrae (Canada) - See all my reviews
This book started off dry. It was not what I expected. Then I turned the page and couldn't stop reading. Glad I kept reading! Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, Jan. 4 2013
This review is from: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed this book so much I got one for my dad. He really enjoyed it and he got the rest in the series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa72475c4)

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (Mass Market Paperback - June 23 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.70