biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on February 28, 2012
I cannot say enough good things about this book. The storyline is interesting, the characters are very well filled out, the suspense is crackling, what more do you need? I actually watched all three movies before I read the books, which is something I don't normally do. I don't like knowing the ending when I'm reading a suspense novel; however, a friend of mine recommended the books so highly and said they have so much more in them than the movie, I decided to read them anyway and I am so happy that I did.

Even if you've watched the Swedish movies or the one American version, read the book! It gives so much more background and detail than either of the movies. Once you've read this book, you'll want to go on to the other two in the trilogy, and they are also worth reading.

My biggest regret about these books is knowing that the author died and there are no other books written by him. What a shame for the reading community.
on February 26, 2011
I just can't jump on the bandwagon for "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." I don't think that Stieg Larsson is much of a writer. His style is competent but undistinguished. I just didn't care about the characters and truth told, I didn't make it past the first hundred pages.
on September 10, 2015
If you haven't read about it already, or seen the movie (either the original or the US remake) you might be the only one. I submit this review in no way thinking it is going to influence you. I just loved the book and the character of Lisbeth that I need to say something. It starts off as a mystery story but evolves into something so much bigger and better. The pages will fly by and you will grow to love the characters and the setting.
The estate has hired an author to continue the series...and I hope it goes well. However, it can't stop me from thinking what if the author were still alive.
on June 17, 2013
There is only 1 Stieg Larsson. This series is awesome. Amazing story for a writter, so real it makes me want to check the internet to see if these places & people really do exist.
on November 17, 2015
One of the best books I have read.
Unconventional, witty, fascinating, intriguing, mesmerizing …
I just didn’t want the book to end. I was captured in one magical world and have lived with the characters 24/7. It was an amazing experience, a great adventure.
Larsson’s specific style of writing is so beautiful and compelling. The plot is interesting, with so many twists. The characters are so full of life, so unconventional and real, especially Lisbeth. I love her!!!
Being part of this was a real pleasure. I still have a hard time finding another book as excellent as this one.
on March 28, 2013
Wonderfully written, nail biting, keeps you wanting to read the next page, and the next...
Trilogy is one that will be read and talked about for many many moons. Thank you Stieg Larsson! RIP
on April 11, 2010
I love the characters and the whole plot of this mystery. Very intelligent writer. You can tell this is a carefully planned novel. I'm glad I didn't know the nature of the story because I probably would not have read it but I'm glad I did. I listened to the first two audio books in 10 days (28 CDs) because I couldn't stop. The main character deserves a nice big hug. I can't wait for the third book, I miss her very much.
on February 8, 2010
As much as I enjoyed parts of this book there were a few things that really bugged me. One, the author has a great need to insert brand names into his story, I am assuming brands he likes or supports, so laptops are called iBooks, scanners are Minolta scanners, he even goes as far as to plug a freeware word processing program he likes, being thoughtful enough to insert the download link. The writing is wooden and switches back and forth between American and British terms, but I am ready to blame this on the translator, for instance why would someone in Sweden be reading temperature in Farenheit and then call their gasoline petrol?There are two main stories here, and I found myself really caught up in the mystery of Harriet Vanger but not so much Milenium Magazine thread, so when one ended with a good chunk of the book left I dreaded the last 100 pages.

While the author has mighty axes to grind he avoids being too preachy a la Dan Brown, so overall this is pretty good thriller/suspense novels though definetly not completely satisfying.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2015
This is a great book & it's part of a good series.
The thing I tell people about it is that the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" isn't mentioned until midway through the book. So don't expect her as soon as the story begins. That's why the original Swedish title (Men Who Hate Women) is less misleading title.
on October 8, 2011
I enjoyed this book very much even though I was quite skeptical at the beginning, from what I'd heard. The author draws you in and you can't put it down. The next thing I knew I had read all three in the series. It can be a little graphic at times but just keep reading. Love the main character 'Salander'!