biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 25, 2014
One of the very good books that I have traded, interesting, acute, with a sense of a terrific thriller, I could not stop reading it until I finished. A great book with two fantastic personages: Lisbeth Salander and M..Bloomsbury. GREAT :Stieg Larsson.
Thanks J.Bravo
on January 4, 2013
Saw both the Swedish and American movies before reading the book. The movies are good but the book as far superior. The first 100 pages is a bit sluggish but then it gets to that point that you just can't put it down. The next 2 books in the series are even better.
on August 6, 2013
4 stars simply because it got me curious enough (barely) to read the next book, witch is the second best of the series. I believe this book to be an introduction to the characters of the series, nothing more.
on July 14, 2014
I totally agree with the person who wrote the one star review. The characters were not in the least believable and for the main
character, don't even remember her name now, at the age of I think 19 and portrayed as a very small person to have accomplished
what the author wrote is just utterly stupid, is the only word that comes to mind

I would not consider reading the others or seeing the movie, what a waste of time when there are so many wonderful
books waiting to be read
on June 10, 2014
This book remains as one of my very favourite ones of all time. It is so intelligently written that it challenges other writers to match the style, character development, and plot. I read once that Larsson wrote this series for his own entertainment. I think I half-believe this statement, since he did go and drop off his manuscripts for publication, after all; but I can understand his motivation. There are simply very few books that can reach his transcendent style of writing. There are multiple layers of stories. There is the mystery of who Lisbeth Salander is and why she is so different from many other people. Then there is the layer of financial journalism, embodied in the persona of Mikael Blomkvist, which seeks to criticize the way in which major businesses and corporations mercilessly strip money out of every consumer for the sake of their own profiteering. Larsson was a passionate proponent of investigative journalism into dubious financial activities of several major corporations, and insisted that more responsible reporting be carried out to shed light on the activities of flagged organizations. His passion is eloquently expressed throughout these series and forms a plea to all humanity to see the reality of organizational behavior.

I read these books almost 5 years ago and still remember much about them. They will be one of the few that I will certainly read again in my life. Highly recommended.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
All the novels in this trilogy are excellent. Need to take the time to read all the books in the proper sequence for total enjoyment.
on January 2, 2014
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a great novel. The book is very well written and easy to read. This book follows a couple of characters as they try to solve a mystery. Stieg Larsson describes the characters well. Highly recommended.
on December 31, 2013
Very interesting book. Enjoyed it. I would recommend this book to those who like to read longer novels. Received the book promptly too!
on December 7, 2013
This is a dark and gritty novel. Difficult to get into at first, it is definitely worth the read. Gripping and disturbing and well-written.
on September 14, 2013
It took me a while to get on board with this book but as they say good things come to those who wait. The first time I heard anyone talk about this book they said "give it 100 pages and you'll be hooked". Another person suggested that you had to read much more that that to really get into it. This sounded kinda awful to me but I gave it a chance and I'm so glad I did. This is one of the best books I have ever read. It stands on it's own pretty well but I highly recommend the reading the whole trilogy.