5.0 out of 5 stars Best is last!
I read this book in french. It is the first part of a trilogy. This is not your "usual" thriller. The characters are very important and the author takes his time to present each one of them with the location in the first 100 pages. So the reader must not be impatient. The first book has a story in itself. The second book has the same main characters but the plot is...
Published on Sept. 14 2008 by Dragonfly

2.0 out of 5 stars What is all the Fuss About?
I heard so many good things about this trilogy that I bought all three books, hoping to read them through over the Christmas break. I had trouble getting through book 1 and may not finish the others.
I found that I disliked most of the main characters, including Blomkvist and Salander. I just didn't find them plausible or likeable. Without giving away too much,...
Published on Dec 30 2010 by Canoester

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 7 2013
Good read. Hard to follow all the characters. Really messed up story with lots of twists and gore. Made the movies make more sense for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this Series!, May 15 2013
J. Hussey - See all my reviews
A captivating and thrilling start to what has become one of my favorite Trilogies! I 100% recommend this book to anyone. Wonderful characters, plot, etc!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo: The Full Story, April 22 2013
This review is from: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
The movie is excellent, but like any movie, all the details of the book cannot be portrayed. It is a fun exercise to see the movie and then read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisbeth Salander Rocks, March 28 2013
This review is from: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
Wonderfully written, nail biting, keeps you wanting to read the next page, and the next...
Trilogy is one that will be read and talked about for many many moons. Thank you Stieg Larsson! RIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of the set, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
this is the third book of the set i gavcve to my dad for xmas and he is enjoying them very uch thank you .
Veronica

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., Jan. 25 2013
Pat the cat - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
This was an excellent book...it's much better than the movie. It was a very interesting experience to read this book because, when I picked it up, I had forgotten that I had seen the movie a few years prior. As I read the first few chapters I kept thinking that it was familiar until bang, it hit me that I'd seen the movie (which was complicated, hard to follow because of the odd Sweedish names, dark, too much emphasis on Salander's dealing with her guardian). So, while it kind of spoiled some of the fun, I found the book so much better than the movie that it was still a very intriguing suspense. The ethical dilemma that Blomkvist faces toward the end of the book is a neat twist and so is the trick that Salander pulls. I look forward to reading the next book and see what happens to the Salander character (i.e., the girl with the dragon tattoo). That said, one of the comments on the book's jacket said that it was a "sexy thriller" -- what a moron...the sex in this book cannot be described as sexy unless you're a pervert...it's cruel, it's controlling and only very marginally fulfilling...talk about missing the point...It's a very intelligent story and I'm still amazed that I found the story of such a creepy/dysfunctional family to be entertaining... This author was so gifted...I give it 5 stars (excellent).

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Jan. 8 2013
Murray Macrae (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
This book started off dry. It was not what I expected. Then I turned the page and couldn't stop reading. Glad I kept reading! Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, Jan. 4 2013
I enjoyed this book so much I got one for my dad. He really enjoyed it and he got the rest in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Book, Jan. 4 2013
Saw both the Swedish and American movies before reading the book. The movies are good but the book as far superior. The first 100 pages is a bit sluggish but then it gets to that point that you just can't put it down. The next 2 books in the series are even better.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Dec 10 2012
This book is twisted as hell. I never expected the ending. But nonetheless is a good read, if you got time, it's definite a buy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (Paperback - July 5 2011)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00