countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on May 30, 2002
This book is about a girl named Jane and her brother and sisters. They found a coin and at first they did not know that it grants them wishes; however; it only grants half of the wish. So, they have to say twice as much as the wish. First, they wished that they could go in the medieval times. They went there and helped a warrior. Then, they went to the desert. They went through many adventures. At last, they dropped the coin outside the window and let the others start granting wishes. Their mother got married too!
I liked this book because I like reading adventurous stories and the book was funny too. There was magic and they get to visit pass times. It is fun to have brothers or sisters with you when you do something. This book taught me that always work together. Help other and never give up. If I were them, I would be really happy to go through all those exciting trips to places.
The reason that I chose this book is because I liked the cover of the book. On the cover, there are kids looking at broken parts of the knights. It looked like that they were in a castle and they are walking on the bricks. They looked like that they were amazed and astonished. The title of the book also sounded interesting to me. When I flipped through the book, the pictures were weird and funny. It seemed like that they are in different places all the time.
on December 8, 1999
The book "Half Magic" is kind of boring at the beginning, but from the middle to the end its interesting. The book is about four children who find a magic coin that looks like a nickel. The kids wish for all different kinds of things with the magic coin. I rate this book for three stars because it was quite interesting toward the end. I recommend this to kids who like magic. I think you should read it yourself to really find out what it's like.