5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece that will keep you and all intrigues always
This book is my all time favourite , a book which I had picked up and put down several times in the past. My mother read it to me , I read it to my children and even for myself.
Published on May 5 2003 by Patricia Pelletier

2.0 out of 5 stars I have an older version where the part of the ...
I have an older version where the part of the little prince is read by a child.it is much easier for the students to follow along with the text, more variety.
Published 1 month ago by Magda Viehover

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece that will keep you and all intrigues always, May 5 2003
This review is from: Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition (Paperback)
Saint Exupery's classic tale can be read on many levels and enjoyed by readers of any age. He tells the story of being stranded in the desert and meeting a tiny blond boy. This Little Prince proceeds to tell of his travels from planet to planet until he arrived on Earth and of what he has learned along the way. The most important thing he reveals is a secret that was taught him by a fox that he tamed.
I saw what has kept this fable popular for so many years. I liked the characters and the "lessons." I was especially fond of the tippler and the businessman, and the poignant description of "taming." And, of course, there is the oft-quoted, "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Toward the end I began to feel that I was reading the New Testament but that is perhaps what will keep the fable in my consciousness: that and the marvelous pictures which I still find the best part of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel that adults and children will cherish forever!, Nov. 11 2001
Jon Breaux (Lafayette, LA USA) - See all my reviews
Le Petit Prince, published more than half a century ago, endures into the twenty-first century as a beautifully written children's novel and a powerful philosophic work that speaks volumes about love and friendship. Written by Antoine de Saint-Exupery during World War II, Le Petit Prince was published as a children's story, but soon became recognized the world over as a profound introspective statement. By using the novel as a type of allegory, Saint-Exupery was able to write a commentary on life as he had lived it. The novel takes readers on a fantastic journey through the universe that, by the end, will have even the most hardened soul in tears.
The novel, although simply written, is not simple in style or in taste. Saint-Exupery uses powerful metaphors, similes, and analogies to address the very abstract themes of love and friendship. By personifying many of the personality traits that make up a true friend, Saint-Exupery makes these complicated issues so simple that even a child could understand. This is, of course, what Saint-Exupery had in mind all along.
I loved Le Petit Prince and have read many of my favorites parts to members of my family and just about anyone else who will listen. That is the magic of this novel. Beautifully written and illustrated, it will have you coming back to relive the adventures of the little prince time and time again. Through the eyes of Antoine de Saint-Exupery, this often-troubling world becomes a universe filled with the possibilities of true friendship and lasting love.

5.0 out of 5 stars life lessons, April 30 2004
"angeldivine" (Parkersburg, WV) - See all my reviews
I read this book a year ago with my French 4 Advanced Placement class. It is still sitting on the head of my bed, because I have read it multiple times and refer to it often. I have never been more inspired, nor more changed, by any one novel. The lessons that are meant to help children grow into admirable adults can teach us adults so much more. I looked at everything differently once I finished reading this book. I learned so many invaluable lessons that I will carry with me forever. I am absolutely sure that I will read this to my children someday. The lessons I learned, from not judging someone by what they look like to getting my priorities straight, have forever changed the way I treat people and the way I live. I believe I am more mature now because of the impact this book had on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars great in its original language, March 19 2004
By A Customer
I have read TPP in Spanish, as a child; in English and now in French. The French is 100 times better than any translation. If you have been raised in a romance language, you know that the charm and sonority of French or Spanish is completely lost, even in a good translation. If you have read TPP in translation before, read it in French. It is easy to understand and a great book for those, like me, who want to develop reading skills.
Regarding the story, it is indisputable that TPP is a classic full of wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Favorites!, Sept. 1 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: PETIT PRINCE (LE) (Paperback)
When I first read this book when I was a senior in high school and read it for my French class, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this book. I'd heard so much about it. After reading it I can say that I love this book so much, no wonder Le Petit Prince is on some French currency! I've read this book in English and French, and I'd have to say that the French is sooo much better if you know French. It's not all that difficult to understand if you are at a beginning level. This is a great book and is worth every penny in both languages!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Dec 15 2003
This books is simply one of the most wonderful stories ever written. On its face it may be a children's book, but there is a strong message for adults regarding what is important in life and keeping one's priorities straight. In terms of writing quality, the French version is on a whole other level relative to the English version. Even if you only speak a little French, being able to read this book is the perfect reason to learn more. Je suis certain que vous aimerez ce livre. Bonne chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Jan. 8 2003
By A Customer
Wonderful! Deeply moving and VERY French in its philosophy, but cultureless and timeless in its application. French edition is the best... naturally. (Every book seems better to me in its original language.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as ordered, Sept. 6 2013
Perfect, just as ordered. Loved it, in perfect shape. I recommand it for anyone. So happy inside, thanks a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars pour les enfants de 6ans, Sept. 3 2013
This review is from: Le Petit Prince Pop-Up (Hardcover)
les image sont en relief, vraiemaent très intéressant

j'ai fais une petite fille très heureuse, elle commence a lire au premier cycle

5.0 out of 5 stars Super livre!, June 10 2013
This review is from: Le Petit Prince Pop-Up (Hardcover)
Je l'ai offert en cadeau 3x et m'en suis gardé une copie! Ce livre est un must pour les enfants!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition
Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (Paperback - Sept. 1 2001)
CDN$ 12.95 CDN$ 10.11