5.0 out of 5 stars A novel that adults and children will cherish forever!
Published on Nov. 11 2001 by Jon Breaux

3.0 out of 5 stars This version is abridged
I have the French copy of "Le Petit Prince" and have been using it to improve my vocabulary. I was disappointed to find out after receiving this audio tape that it is only 40 minutes long, and thus quite a bit of the text is cut out. Roughly the original text is 15,000 words and the transcription (included with the tape) is under 6,000 words. I understand...
Published on April 15 2000 by Dara Parsavand

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel that adults and children will cherish forever!, Nov. 11 2001
Jon Breaux (Lafayette, LA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition (Paperback)
Le Petit Prince, published more than half a century ago, endures into the twenty-first century as a beautifully written children's novel and a powerful philosophic work that speaks volumes about love and friendship. Written by Antoine de Saint-Exupery during World War II, Le Petit Prince was published as a children's story, but soon became recognized the world over as a profound introspective statement. By using the novel as a type of allegory, Saint-Exupery was able to write a commentary on life as he had lived it. The novel takes readers on a fantastic journey through the universe that, by the end, will have even the most hardened soul in tears.
The novel, although simply written, is not simple in style or in taste. Saint-Exupery uses powerful metaphors, similes, and analogies to address the very abstract themes of love and friendship. By personifying many of the personality traits that make up a true friend, Saint-Exupery makes these complicated issues so simple that even a child could understand. This is, of course, what Saint-Exupery had in mind all along.
I loved Le Petit Prince and have read many of my favorites parts to members of my family and just about anyone else who will listen. That is the magic of this novel. Beautifully written and illustrated, it will have you coming back to relive the adventures of the little prince time and time again. Through the eyes of Antoine de Saint-Exupery, this often-troubling world becomes a universe filled with the possibilities of true friendship and lasting love.

5.0 out of 5 stars great in its original language, March 19 2004
By A Customer
I have read TPP in Spanish, as a child; in English and now in French. The French is 100 times better than any translation. If you have been raised in a romance language, you know that the charm and sonority of French or Spanish is completely lost, even in a good translation. If you have read TPP in translation before, read it in French. It is easy to understand and a great book for those, like me, who want to develop reading skills.
Regarding the story, it is indisputable that TPP is a classic full of wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My Favorites!, Sept. 1 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: PETIT PRINCE (LE) (Paperback)
When I first read this book when I was a senior in high school and read it for my French class, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this book. I'd heard so much about it. After reading it I can say that I love this book so much, no wonder Le Petit Prince is on some French currency! I've read this book in English and French, and I'd have to say that the French is sooo much better if you know French. It's not all that difficult to understand if you are at a beginning level. This is a great book and is worth every penny in both languages!

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece that will keep you and all intrigues always, May 5 2003
This book is my all time favourite , a book which I had picked up and put down several times in the past. My mother read it to me , I read it to my children and even for myself.
Saint Exupery's classic tale can be read on many levels and enjoyed by readers of any age. He tells the story of being stranded in the desert and meeting a tiny blond boy. This Little Prince proceeds to tell of his travels from planet to planet until he arrived on Earth and of what he has learned along the way. The most important thing he reveals is a secret that was taught him by a fox that he tamed.
I saw what has kept this fable popular for so many years. I liked the characters and the "lessons." I was especially fond of the tippler and the businessman, and the poignant description of "taming." And, of course, there is the oft-quoted, "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Toward the end I began to feel that I was reading the New Testament but that is perhaps what will keep the fable in my consciousness: that and the marvelous pictures which I still find the best part of the book!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a Kind, June 11 2003
Adam Huffer (Thousand Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Le petit prince (Audio CD)
This book is not for everybody; only for those with a great heart, a natural smile and soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every time I need a best friend I reed it again, April 16 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Le petit prince (Audio Cassette)
You are never too old or too young to read it. Depending on where you are in your life, it will make you go thru a whole range of DIFFERENT emotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of true beauty., March 19 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: PETIT PRINCE (LE) (Paperback)
I do not read a lot of books. I have only read what was assigned to me throughout school and the occasional NY Times bestseller. A friend of mine gave me this book as a gift one day, she said I would enjoy it. She was right - I loved it. I didn't read it right away, but when I did I couldn't put it down. I am not an emotional person, or at least I never thought of myself as one, but this book made me look at myself and it broke my heart. I related with the character of the pilot and I felt as though the Little Prince was talking to me. The book helped me realize that I had forgotten a lot of things since childhood, like the meaning of friendship. The book also reminded me of what love really is. It made me realize what "grown-ups" really are, children who lost their innocence. The greatest thing about the book is that it is universal. It's message is simple: "love has no prejuducies, never dies and always forgives." It is a children's story but it is something all adults should read. There are few books that can do what this "children's story" can do. It will make you laugh, break your heart and make you think about what really is important in your life.
- Jeff

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 20 2014
It was pretty worn and had someone's name written in the front, but I love the book and I am pleased with my purchase anyways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un classique, Nov. 20 2013
C'est un livre à ne pas manquer,c'est toujours bon de lire ce livre plusieurs années après l'avoir déjà lu.
Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic for a reason, Nov. 18 2013
This review is from: Le Petit Prince (Kindle Edition)
From when I first read this in Grade 8 or 9 to now reading it as an adult, it is amazing how I still enjoy it every time. I also think I understand the book in a more complex way, reading it with more life experience. If you read it as a kid, pick it up again and see if you don't get something new out of it. The Kindle format is great, really similar to reading the paper copy with illustrations and all, which is great as I think the illustrations are a vital part of this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb460dec4)

Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition
Le Petit Prince: The Little Prince, French Edition by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (Paperback - Sept. 1 2001)
CDN$ 12.95 CDN$ 10.11