5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grammar & Structural Reference
I've been teaching ESL for a while and I've been bogged down by 'why' questions. This book is the answer and I wish I had bought it sooner. It's not written like a novel, but it's very easy to look up stuff and hit the nail on the head. I won't be letting go of it now that I have my own.
Published on Jan. 19 2008 by Richard Soulliere

3.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE
I purchased this reference as it was strongly recommended by my TESL prof. as a "must have" addition to the collection.
Published 6 months ago by Robin Eastcott

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grammar & Structural Reference, Jan. 19 2008
This review is from: Practical English Usage, Third Edition: Paperback (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars If you speak or write in English you should have this book, April 28 2012
J. G. Figueredo "JGF" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
It is an excellent reference book, for both native speakers and non-native speakers...even better if you pair it with "A Practical English Grammar" by the same author. It is one of those books that you buy probably once in your live and keep it in your personal library as a reference over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Altamente recomendado, Jan. 20 2012
Eficaz libro de soporte con el lenguaje hacia el ingles. Si estas buscando un buen libro de referencia, este es uno de los mejores que te podras encontrar, inclusive tus propios tutores de ingles es el libro que usan!

3.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE, April 13 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 26 2013
Very good book for new comers or for students who learn english, learn you how to use english words and the different between words

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical English Usage (Hardcover), Jan. 9 2013
I am not a native English speaker, and so I admit the book is a little bit advance in some level. However, it reminds me of lots of common mistake I made and how to correct it. It is a big book and not easy to read through. It is not very easy to pinpoint a particular page to read for some of my questions. Yet, I didn't regret buying it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Everything it's Cracked Up To Be, June 13 2012
It was probably just bad luck but the first topic I tried to get information about was gerunds and both the index and table of contents indicated a 7-page section of discussion but in fact there was nothing about gerunds on those pages. OF course, this means that other page numbers must be off as the pages were not blank or non-existent; just full of different material. This is a very popular book and is pricey (as a consequence?) but I am disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Indian Edition???, Jan. 14 2012
I ordered this because it was recommended for my CELTA course. It is probably great, haven't used it much yet. However I was not expecting the Indian edition - not sure whether it matters or not. Also it was really bashed about - scratched and dented and the inside pages crumpled even though the book is obviously new. The quality of the paper and binding is very poor. I know that the most important thing is the content - and I do hope the Indian edition is the same as the English edition, but I do love a new book and I so rarely buy one that I am very disappointed with the experience of this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reply, Dec 17 2012
This one is also fine even though the coverage is not the same with the pic on the website. Others are fine, good condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ., Dec 1 2012
My husband got this planning to improve his vocabulary but I have never seen he using it. I have take a look at a few pages and is interesting.

Practical English Usage, Third Edition: Paperback
Practical English Usage, Third Edition: Paperback by Michael Swan (Paperback - May 20 2005)
CDN$ 55.95 CDN$ 35.07