march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 24, 2013
Definitions are thoroughly explained and the illustrated sections at the back are very informative, as is the writing tutor. Simply the best learner's dictionary out there!
on May 25, 2014
It's user-friendly, illustrative and very informative. It is a 'must-have' for anybody who wants to improve his/her English language skills (both written and spoken).
on December 10, 2013
This dictionary is a must for teachers and advanced students. The structure of the dictionary is flawless and the extra explanations... fascinating!
on August 26, 2011
Thanks to my teacher's recommendation, I bought this dictionary for my study. Amazon provides the lower price than all bookstores in my city, and It's very enjoyable because of the great quality.........Amazon is second to none, and I'll come again!!!! By the way, I also recommend this dictionary to you as my teacher did. Detailed explanations and lots of sample sentences help you much with your study.........It's all beyond words.
on May 10, 2011
I have bought 2 copies of this dictionary for both my friend and myself. We all felt it is a very good dictionary, especially for ESL students. The papers are thin but with very good quality. The E-dictionary installed by the CD-rom is also very useful with both British and American pronunciations. It's really a very good buy!
on December 13, 2012
I started to use OALD thirty years ago now it is the my most frequently referenced dictionary for in my ESL students. The 8th edition is way better than the earlier ones with excellent printing quality except the paper is so thin that slows down the search for words.
on April 4, 2011
As,a soon to be, ESL teacher this book is a great reference for all levels not just advanced. Good picture references for level 1 students and how to write advanced prose levels 8 onwards

Sarah Collister
on February 25, 2013
The paper is in good quality. Also, structure of the vocabulary is well organized. Highly recommended to Advanced Learners to use in their academic study & others.
on January 12, 2012
If English is not your first language, you should try this dictionary out. Very easy to find words too. Moreover, I like the price. It was very reasonable.
on November 20, 2011
This is our third same dictionary in our family by three different editions on different times. One is in the workplace and one is at home. Good reference.