summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on August 21, 2008
This book offers an emotionally charged and realistic but hopeful look at Schizophrenia from the perspective of a man who suffers from the illness. I work in the field of psychiatry and read this book with my friend who suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. Both he and I found the book to be objective, honest, and inspiring. The author outlines the struggles of Schizophrenia but does not focus on the limitations it has caused, he instead offers his struggles as lessons and tells of what worked best for him. Many times throughout the book my friend came to tears and said reading the pages were like reliving his own experiences. I am grateful this book was recommended to me by a peer and I would recommend it to patients, peers, and families of those touched by Schizophrenia. My friend, who has good insight into his illness, said this book helped him understand even more about himself and his illness. I highly recommend this book for anyone to read, especially those in the field of mental health or those who have friends, loved ones, or are themselves suffering from Schizophrenia.
on May 10, 2013
This book is honest and written by someone experienced in the reality. He is not an academic studying from a distance. Difficulties, challenges, onset and coping strategies are outlines, and common misconceptions are discussed. This is a must read for anyone experiencing this mental illness or anyone involved with that person.