5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential
As a freelance writer and editor, I find it hard to believe that I ever got along without this dictionary. Buy it, add the Chicago Manual of Style and The Canadian Style, and you've got an answer to almost any spelling or style question. Oh, and buy The Elements of Style if you want to know how to write.
Published on Sept. 24 2008 by Scott

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Canadian Oxford Dictionary is my "GO TO" tool for reviewing/proofreading documents. A must have!
Published 5 months ago by Bibiane Rietveld

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential, Sept. 24 2008
Scott "word doctor" (Edmonton, AB Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars THE DEFINITIVE CANADIAN DICTIONARY, Nov. 11 2011
P@M C. (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canadian Oxford Dictionary (Hardcover)
For editors, writers, publishers, students, and businesspeople, The Canadian Oxford Dictionary is the gold standard. It contains thousands of unique Canadian spellings and regionalisms, distinguishes between Canadian and/or British and U.S. usage, and provides specific usage examples within many definitions. Furthermore, you can't beat Amazon's 37 percent price savings with free Super-Saver shipping and speedy delivery.

4.0 out of 5 stars My New Dictionary, June 1 2014
I love words and was excited when I received my new dictionary. It was larger than I thought it would be but not overly so. The words are easy to find, the definitions are understandable, and the soft cover allows it to open easy. I'm getting the Thesaurus to match.

5.0 out of 5 stars so it is a delight to have a *definitive* edition at hand, Feb. 12 2015
Argyll Sock (Barrie, ON CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canadian Oxford Dictionary (Hardcover)
This is a delightful dictionary, written by the same 'Grammar Lady' who participated in the latest Oxford English Dictionary.

Katherine Barber knows her Canadian words, so it is a delight to have a *definitive* edition at hand. The thoroughly Canadian words 'butter tart' and 'poutine' are present, as is the clearest definition of the subjunctive mood which I have ever read.

I respectfully doff my chapeau to Ms. Barber for producing an exhaustive but not exhausting book.

4.0 out of 5 stars its good, Sept. 14 2013
I'm glad I have it I just wish I could have in one screen. It does not come up and I find that frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and priced, Sept. 5 2014
Love the product.Clear and decisive explanations and descriptions .Great for anyone wanting to expand their
use of and understanding of the English vernacular. Great resource and a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good dictionnary..., April 4 2014
This review is from: Canadian Oxford Dictionary (Hardcover)
I gave it as a present to my friend and he really likes it. Good format and well worth buying...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Oct. 27 2013
Very nice sized book. Excellent condition. Good paper and printing. Important for Canadian writers. Love the fine onion skin paper. Keeps the book light and traditional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canadian Oxford Dictionary, April 14 2013
This review is from: Canadian Oxford Dictionary (Hardcover)
I had to buy this for class as I am studying ling/translation and though I used to fully rely on online sources, this one is great. I use it all the time. Great, complete resource for Canadian spelling that is not always easy to find or confirm elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Jan. 12 2013
Needed a new and updated dictionary...this one certainly fills my need for doing all kinds of puzzles..from crossword to misc.

Canadian Oxford Dictionary
Canadian Oxford Dictionary by Katherine Barber (Hardcover - June 30 2004)
CDN$ 59.95 CDN$ 37.58