biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on September 24, 2008
As a freelance writer and editor, I find it hard to believe that I ever got along without this dictionary. Buy it, add the Chicago Manual of Style and The Canadian Style, and you've got an answer to almost any spelling or style question. Oh, and buy The Elements of Style if you want to know how to write.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
For editors, writers, publishers, students, and businesspeople, The Canadian Oxford Dictionary is the gold standard. It contains thousands of unique Canadian spellings and regionalisms, distinguishes between Canadian and/or British and U.S. usage, and provides specific usage examples within many definitions. Furthermore, you can't beat Amazon's 37 percent price savings with free Super-Saver shipping and speedy delivery.
on February 12, 2015
This is a delightful dictionary, written by the same 'Grammar Lady' who participated in the latest Oxford English Dictionary.

Katherine Barber knows her Canadian words, so it is a delight to have a *definitive* edition at hand. The thoroughly Canadian words 'butter tart' and 'poutine' are present, as is the clearest definition of the subjunctive mood which I have ever read.

I respectfully doff my chapeau to Ms. Barber for producing an exhaustive but not exhausting book.
on June 1, 2014
I love words and was excited when I received my new dictionary. It was larger than I thought it would be but not overly so. The words are easy to find, the definitions are understandable, and the soft cover allows it to open easy. I'm getting the Thesaurus to match.
on September 14, 2013
I'm glad I have it I just wish I could have in one screen. It does not come up and I find that frustrating.
on September 5, 2014
Love the product.Clear and decisive explanations and descriptions .Great for anyone wanting to expand their
use of and understanding of the English vernacular. Great resource and a very reasonable price.
on January 16, 2016
this dictionary was just want I needed sometimes you just cant remember how to spell a word and this is why I ordered this book

now there will be no spelling mistakes in my E mails thank you
on April 4, 2014
I gave it as a present to my friend and he really likes it. Good format and well worth buying...
on October 27, 2013
Very nice sized book. Excellent condition. Good paper and printing. Important for Canadian writers. Love the fine onion skin paper. Keeps the book light and traditional.
on April 14, 2013
I had to buy this for class as I am studying ling/translation and though I used to fully rely on online sources, this one is great. I use it all the time. Great, complete resource for Canadian spelling that is not always easy to find or confirm elsewhere.