countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 17, 2010
THis book is an absolute gold mine of knowledge about vinification, vitification and the art and science of wine wisdom. This book was recommended by my professor at Algonquin College as the key textbook for our sommelier program. I have been reading it every day for a month and the wisdom goes deeper and deeper every day. I strongly recommend it fr anyone interested in going deeper into wine appreciation.
on July 13, 2009
Fantastic Index defining every wine term, type, region, and history you can dream of. All definitions are in fine and concise detail - Oxford style (ie. the best way). Every wine drinker should have one of these. The only thing I wished they had more of in this book was more pictures of regions and wines, but hey you can't expect to have it all, plus it is a dictionary after all.
on March 14, 2009
If you love wine you'll love this book! It has almost every answer and it will guide you through an enjoyable and informative read. Get it, you won't regret it!
on October 3, 2014
I am currently studying to be a sommelier. This is definitely the wine reference book to get.
on March 16, 2012
Has Oxford ever published a dictionary that is anything other than great? No. Don't hesistate, it is wonderful. I'm studying wine and it is not my primary book however it does clear up any confusion I might incure between lectures and other books.
on October 31, 2014