5.0 out of 5 stars Most Clear, Concise, & Informative on Correct Writing Style
This is the most precious book I have ever read. I have learned from it in few hours what I could not learn in more than 12 years of schooling. In particular, it is a little book about how everyone must write in English, and I emphasize on the words ‘little’ and ‘must’ for reasons you will know as soon as you start reading the book.
The book...
Published on March 12 2006 by Zaid

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not as well-organized as I expected
I am not a native English speaker, but my english as second language is quite good. I read the reviews for this book, and people said this book is really well organized. For me, it is not as well-organized as I expected.
Published 22 months ago by Yingche CHEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for serious writers, Feb. 1 2014
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
Very technical but essential to knowing the mechanics of word sentence design. Aimed at literary artists, this is a staple for writers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book about writing that I have read., July 6 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
It's very short but very useful. Some of the information can even be transposed for writing in other languages (like French.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for anyone who takes writing seriously, May 19 2013
ANadeau (GEORGETOWN, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
How can you possibly do without this landmark book? It is practical with real life examples that are meaningfully presented.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Writing Resource, Aug. 6 2003
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
This small volume contains invaluable information on writing style. It is concise and easy to read. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 8 2013
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
It is suggested by my teacher, so I hope it's good for improving writing. The book is new, so not bad with this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writers need this book, Feb. 6 2002
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
Clearly written, easy to understand, and it's a book that will make your writing better. What more is there to say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Also available free online, Feb. 21 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
Excellent book, worth purchasing. Those wishing to give it a test run should read it online on bartleby.com.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can now use a comma, properly., June 22 2015
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
For a small book the information is dense. That being said, I frequently review the proper use of a comma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reference Material, March 9 2003
Damian P. Gadal (Santa Barbara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
To be brief: if you do a lot of writing, consider this book an essential part of your reference library!

3.0 out of 5 stars long on elements, short on style, Oct. 11 2002
Bryan Erickson (Eagan, Minnesota) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Elements of Style (Paperback)
I read Strunk and White as part of the recommended summer reading list before starting law school, and I've since been subjected to a few law professors leading the class through the ritual worship of bowing down before it. It seems to me though a cliff's notes to basic English that you were supposed to learn in high school, combined with a few quirky recommendations: such as never to end a word with "s'," so you'd write "I kicked the Chalmers's dog" instead of "I kicked the Chalmers' dog;" and never to use the word "thrust" at all any more, for any purpose, because it inevitably conjures sexual imagery in the reader's mind. Other than that, it contains a decent guide to the all-important art of writing succinctly, one I've failed to master as you can tell by now, such as using short sentences and paragraphs and that flow together naturally. Somehow though, even at a slim and extremely well-crafted hundred-odd pages, it manages to be dull. Somewhere out there is the ideal writing manual, but I haven't yet found it. This will have to do in the meantime.

The Elements of Style
The Elements of Style by E. B. White (Paperback - July 23 1999)
CDN$ 11.75 CDN$ 10.58