4.0 out of 5 stars Martha as Teacher, Aug. 28 2011
susan1959. (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
Martha doesn't know it, but when I decided to learn how to bake my first thought was Martha can teach me! I knew that Martha herself might be just a tad busy to come to Toronto to teach me how to bake, so instead I purchased Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. The first few pages are dedicated to the equipment you need to become a fabulous baker boy or girl. This was so helpful as I had not previously realized how essential many of the items are i.e. the right size pan, parchment paper or a dough scraper. The book is divided into chapters like quickbreads and muffins, cookies, cakes etc. Once you come to the recipes, the instructions are clear and easy to follow, and many of the recipes have pictures not only of the finished product, but some of the steps in between to teach you technique. Everything that I have made so far, came out delicious although maybe not as pretty as Martha's version. If you are interesed in my adventures with this book, and want to see and read about the recipes I have tried, you can read my blog at susan1959-marthaandme.blogspot.com I would definitely recommend this book for any new bakers and those that want to learn new techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING...., May 23 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
As a rookie baker I only have one thing to say.... THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE. Martha has done it again. This book is informative, well organized and the reciepes are easy enough for me and so delicious. Brownies, pound cake, black and white cooke and chocolate babka are among the recipes I have tackeled and for someone who has never baked anything in her 30 year life, until I got married 8 months ago, I was amazed at how well they all turned out.
Iwill keep this book by my side for years and years to come.
If you have Marthas Handbook you dont need any other baking book in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of attention went into this particular book., Jan. 21 2014
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
I have an extensive collection of culinary interests. This particular book of Martha is certainly with my 10 favourites so far. I wish her other books would have had the same attention and dedication. I just can't wait to have time to try more of the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars waiting for the dvd now, Aug. 23 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
I love this book and bought it especially for the yellow cake she shows on her dvd. I just want the dvd's to be released because I will buy them. Watching how to do it and having the book as well would be perfect. I will be keeping this book for my grandchildren, whichever one of them likes to cook. It's a wonderful book. Now please Martha, put the dvd's on sale too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any baker or beginner., May 6 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
Love this cook book, it really is a must have. The absolute favourite recipe is on page 153, Lemon Curd Cake. I made this cake for a friend's Birthday and what a hit. I've never had more compliments, a bit overwhelming. lol I dream about this cake and will baking it again shortly. But this time I will be baking the cake just for myself, yes you can eat the whole cake it's that good. Beware! lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Martha Stuarts Baking Handbook, March 22 2013
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
I am a good cook but need to learn much about good baking. This book is A.O.K. #1.
Martha comes through again. The print, the pics, the methods are great and not
too wordy. I would also recommend this book for seasoned bakers as the choice of
mediums are incredible. Thanks again Martha!!

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE EDIBLE RECIPES!, Nov. 14 2005
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
This book came out at a perfect time for me. I no longer cook like I once did when raising my six children, but I still enjoy baking. But after a lifetime of baking chocolate cakes, pineapple-upside-down cakes, muffins, pies--you know, the usual fare--I wanted to try something different.
And thanks to the fabulous Martha Stewart, I'm ready to open a fresh bag of flour and scatter it on my kitchen counter like fairy dust, hoping to conjure up tasty dishes like she does. With 200 to choose from, I'll be kept entertained for a very long time.
One question I have for Martha: IS THERE NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO? And ONE remark: Thanks for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading & Great Ideas and Recipes !!!, April 30 2011
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
I LOVED this book. I'd wanted to buy it for quite some time and when I finally got to, I read it cover to cover in just a few days. Martha gives great tips and advice that could apply to any home baker. The way the chapters are divided is awesome and there are great pictures in there. I would buy it for anyone who's starting out in baking, who wants to go back to the basics, who's looking for simple AND complex recipes all-in-one book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book full of information!, Dec 5 2010
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
I love this book because it has pictures with the recipes! There is nothing more annoying to me than buying a cookbook, and having only an insert of a few pictures in the middle! I like to see what the recipe "should" end up looking like in the end. Not to mention it inspires me to make the items when I can see them rather than flipping thru a book reading each recipe!
I also like that she does a great assortment of items. I have found you cant go wrong with Martha Stewarts cookbooks.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good book, Jan. 14 2009
This review is from: Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook (Hardcover)
This book has a great selection of recipes, however, quite a few of them use ingredients that are not commonly around the house, which is the only downfall of this book. Other than that, Martha lives up to expectations - excellent.

ARRAY(0xa4780594)

Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook
Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook by Martha Stewart (Hardcover - Nov. 1 2005)
CDN$ 50.00 CDN$ 31.35