summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Family

on September 29, 2014
Excellent!
on August 7, 2014
Liked it, didn't love it. Very different experience though and quite interesting, but it's hard to relate to it as a runner as it's so different...
on July 28, 2014
I'm so captivated by this book! I'm usually into more murder mystery books, but this one is just so good I can't put it down!
on July 25, 2014
No need to be a runner or an athlete to thoroughly enjoy this book. Very educational, with anthropological musings. Great race stories that draw the reader into page turning fenzies. Very egalitarian focus that illustrates the bravado of women, men, and Native North Amercans.
on July 19, 2014
Great read! Very great read!
on July 17, 2014
My dad loves it!
on July 14, 2014
Très bon livre! Belle histoire, et bons commentaire éducatifs.
on June 25, 2014
A very nicely written and inspirational book. In the age of fancy running gears and injuries, it is humbling to read about people who still run just for the fun of it. I see my little one's face light up with joy every time he breaks into a run and that is the smile I imagine on the Raramuris. McDougall's narration is very gripping. He does a good job of explaining the science and brings in various characters (some quirky and some borderline insane) adding a lot of wit.
I bought three copies of this book as gifts (so far) for friends and family and always recommend this to anyone who loves running.
on March 21, 2014
Very motivational and inspiring. Well written, and easily captures and keeps you attention. Also quite informative with bio mechanical info and some interesting recipes. Lots of anaecdotal info too
on March 16, 2014
Read this book in one sitting, unable to put it down! Even if you have no interest in running, it is a well told story that is both captivating and informative. I found it to be very inspiring and have since put into practise it's basic concepts. I would rate it as the best fitness reading I've done. I would recommend following this read with Eric Orton's "The Cool Impossible" as they are a natural fit and together these books are assisting me with my new goals.