5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, educational, inspirational, a refreshing view on running.
If you have ever thought about running, currently running, having foot problems, or just want a refreshing look at how running could affect your everyday life this book is a must. I find any great book is hard to put down once I start reading it. This was one of them. The mixture of humorous moments, the flow of the storyline, and the scientific bits are mixed in a manner...
Published on Aug. 31 2009 by Bruce W. Klimpke

3.0 out of 5 stars Entewrtaining but unconvincing
As an anthropologist who has lived and done research in rural Mexico and as a moderate runner, I agree with other reviewers that this book is entertaining and very well-written. It has all of the elements of much earlier travelogues -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. The good is that it is an interesting narrative brought to life through a series of interesting...
Published on Aug. 25 2011 by don Goyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Born to Run, Sept. 23 2009
Ed (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
One of the best books (if not the best) I've read this year! I am a light runner (30-60 mins/day) and this book has given me an entirely new perspective on running! Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired Runner, Aug. 24 2012
This review is from: Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen (Paperback)
i was running my first marathon when I read this book. The only unfortunate part about reading this book was that I was reading it during my taper period. This book just made me want to run long distances and often!

It is a very inspiring book and I contribute it to help motivate me to run my first 50km event. I plan to go further as well!

McDougall writes from the 'every person' perspective. Coming off several injuries himself, he can relate to other runners and they can relate to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, March 16 2014
This review is from: Born to Run (Kindle Edition)
Read this book in one sitting, unable to put it down! Even if you have no interest in running, it is a well told story that is both captivating and informative. I found it to be very inspiring and have since put into practise it's basic concepts. I would rate it as the best fitness reading I've done. I would recommend following this read with Eric Orton's "The Cool Impossible" as they are a natural fit and together these books are assisting me with my new goals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting theory on evolution of mankind, June 28 2013
Greg Aasen (Vancouver, Caada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Born to Run (Kindle Edition)
The story was fun to read and the theory of how we evolved to be runners was very interesting. Got me motivated to get out running more as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite running book ever !, Jan. 11 2011
This book is absolutely amazing! I love reading books about running and this is the best one yet. The author mixes physiology and great storytelling and turns it into a real page turner. I could not put it down. CAVEAT - if you love your current running shoes - this book will make you question them: The same day I finished the book I went out and bought some VIBRAMs. Highly recomended and enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate motivator, Jan. 29 2012
If you are a runner, this book will inspire you to run more than ever before and to do it properly and injury free. If you aren't a runner you may become one or at least you will be extremely motivated. This book reminds us how truly amazing the human body is and how much we can do if we step away from modern society and challenge ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting book, Feb. 4 2013
Lots of good stuff in this one! I would reccommend it to all of my friends and have too !

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting book about human spirit., July 25 2014
This review is from: Born to Run (Kindle Edition)
No need to be a runner or an athlete to thoroughly enjoy this book. Very educational, with anthropological musings. Great race stories that draw the reader into page turning fenzies. Very egalitarian focus that illustrates the bravado of women, men, and Native North Amercans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why still wear running shoes?, Dec 13 2010
Rose Anne van der Heiden (Blue River, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This book lines out greatly why barefoot running makes a lot of sense, while entertaining with a great story. I am reading it everywhere and all the time, whether while running on the treadmill or before going to sleep. Definitely ordering those Vibram Five Fingers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 14 2011
Michel Morel (Quebec City, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Great story. Easy to read. Written in a relaxed way as if the author was telling his story to you, as a friend. Lots of info on running. As a seldom reader, I went trough it pretty fast. Very good discovery for the runner I am! Good entertainment as well!

CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72